Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Having issues applying a release or having continuing weirdness? Place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Discuss HC 3.1 after installed/ Bug report

Post by killer4110 »

trin20t wrote:In the previous build did it work?
I cant remember..
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
NZ Buc
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by NZ Buc »

I use the menu button to open bookmarks, or "all apps" on the homepage if saved there
rosado1013
Android 1.0

Post by rosado1013 »

goyk wrote:-I can't enter my email or password into Pandora. The text fields just won't accept any input for some reason.

-The TV/AV remote control function is acting a bit funny. I need to mess with it more.

-With 2.1, holding the home button would bring up a list of the running apps with an option to terminate them.
Now it just shows recent apps, not just those that are running, with no option to close them. (just like on an android phone)
I installed Taskiller and it works like a charm. It kills all running processes at once or one by one.

-Logitech Media Player is awesome. It reads pretty much all video formats that I have (.mkv, mp4, m4v, avi, wmv, mpg, etc)
I am very pleased with this. It also seems to have better indexing.

I can't wait to see apps that are designed for GTV.
Hi whit pandora just put you email and passwor (You won't see it ) hit enter or loging, work's for me! Good luck !
demurov
Android 1.0

Post by demurov »

Who can test open
flash movies on gtvbox from that site

www.woowza.com

plz someone test
and answer me asap.

thanx

PS
sorry for the external link
micbeth
Android 1.0

Post by micbeth »

Okay. So I've had my Revue for a week now. I like it except for the fact I can't develop anything for it since I don't have a spare linux box laying around (GOOGLE, really?). Besides that fact, I like HC 3.1 on my box. I do have the sound issue everyone is speaking about. Also my TV & Movies app doesn't work at all. I've tried everything from changing gmail accounts, rebooting, and reinstalling the app to no avail. bummer!!!! However I managed to configure Buddy TV which works pretty good. It freezes some time but at least it works compared to TV & Movies.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I can't install some apps from the App Store. Also a few of the apps I tried to install state "Installing" but nothing is happening at all.

At the moment I can't ask for anything more other than the option to develop and debug on Mac and PC besides linux. Oh yeah, and have the TV & Movies app work.

One last thing. I have to say thanks to Google and Logitech for creating this neat little box. I spent allot of time and money over the past few years trying to create an HTPC that met my needs using linux, mythtv, hauppauge cards, etc.... Only to find out a driver doesn't work for what ever reason and chaos begins, you get the picture.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

What specifically is the issue you are having with the TV & Movies? Also regarding the Market, I have had that same issue with apps never installing. It's hit or miss really. Got to remember, this was a beta leak and was meant to help discover/squash bugs.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

MStrawder wrote:What specifically is the issue you are having with the TV & Movies? Also regarding the Market, I have had that same issue with apps never installing. It's hit or miss really. Got to remember, this was a beta leak and was meant to help discover/squash bugs.
When i cant get an app to install, i will just reboot the box, when everything loads up again, i have to reset the date and time manually.
Once that happens, the app will try to install, more often i will get the notification "so called app was installed unsuccessfully"
From there, i click on that notification, it will bring me to a completely different view of "My Apps", once i am in there, i can install the app with no problem...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
TuckerS
Android 1.0

Running 3.1.... couple questions

Post by TuckerS »

Yesterday I finally caved and installed the first leaked update, then the second update, thanks to this forum! So far I am impressed and enjoying the new system. However, I did notice that there doesn't seem to be a way to close running applications. In the old version, you could long press the "home" button and shut down other crap that is running. The new version will show recent apps but no direct way to shut them down. I even tried going into "settings"-"manage applications"-"manage currently running apps" and it didn't have anything relevant there. Any ideas? Sorry if this has already been addressed.

On another note, I am wondering about the topic of security... I have used the dropbox account to side load a couple apps and just wondering if anyone has any worries that someone could plant some sort of virus in the files? I am sure I am showing my amateur level of understanding of all this stuff, just never installed stuff this way before. Is it pretty secure?

Last (and most random) question: Does anyone know how to get any sort of Trivia game apps onto the Revue? I looked in the Market (on my Revue) and there weren't any there. They have a bunch of them in the regular market for phones, but I can't figure out how to try to load them on the Revue, or if it is even possible. I didn't see any of those types of games in the dropbox either. Any ideas? Is there another way to side load an app from the Market?

Thank you for any help you guys may offer. :)
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

I have a few trivia games installed, yesterday I installed UNO and i can play online with other people, as soon as I get home from work, I will upload the games into the account.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Graham2
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: LG 55G2 (Internet TV)

Post by Graham2 »

bryan1854 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:21 pm Has anyone Visited android police and tried a couple of there solutions for the xoom and transformer?
Yes last time I visited the android police site when I also had a same issue and I also tried there solutions which is very useful for me.