SmartCam - Restore Web Interface

Just looking to chat about anything, even if its not worth being chatted about. This is likely the place to go.
mikefletcher85
Android 1.0

SmartCam - Restore Web Interface

Post by mikefletcher85 »

I read an article on Engadget and then read your Wiki page and watched the YouTube video of you guys being able to restore the disabled web interface on Samsung SmartCams. I have a SNH-E6413BN (looks identical to the middle one in the picture on your latest blog post here). When I try to run the first exploit I get the response seen below. Is there any hope to get the web interface back on this thing? I verified that I copy/pasted correctly and I am using a fresh Ubuntu 16.04. I don't even use this camera anymore because I don't want to have to access Samsung's cloud just to get to it, I might be able to send it to you if you think that might help, if not, I might just give it to my parents to use instead.

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 345
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:44:13 GMT
Server: SmartCamWebService
mikefletcher85
Android 1.0

Re: SmartCam - Restore Web Interface

Post by mikefletcher85 »

If it helps... I was able to open up the camera and here is a picture of the board on the inside. It looks like they have a console port (Labeled CON1) but its a ribbon style cable. I could try to make a cable to it, but I may need some direction.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69y8tm0bpd9ta ... 2.jpg?dl=0
mikefletcher85
Android 1.0

Re: SmartCam - Restore Web Interface

Post by mikefletcher85 »

Looking at the other side of the board it seems the camera I got (from Sams Club) was given a new model number. On the front of the board its silkscreened SNH-E6411BN