Cube is Junk

Cube owners - are you happy with the device?

Yes - I love it
No votes
No - I hate it
50%
Eh - it's OK
50%

Total votes: 2

Cadstar
Android 1.0

Cube is Junk

Post by Cadstar »

OK, I have had this thing for nearly a year now and the best I can say for it is that at least it's not an Apple device! I am a long time supporter of Asus products so I jumped on the Cube as soon as it was available - after using it daily all this time I will honestly say this is the worst piece of junk I have ever owned. It's slow as hell, the remote sucks really really bad (terrible placement of buttons on the side of it - you press thm inadvertantly all the time - yes even a year later). When I first got the device I called Asus to complain and I specifically told them the remote could be improved 100000% by adding an option to disable the side buttons. They told me it would be discussed in their next meeting but if they did fix it, no one let me known and the update shown under system settings never downloads.

A firmware update may help but I installed cuberoot and now there is NO way to install updates. Even after factory reset I cant download and install the update that it plainly shows me is there. Please anyone considering the Asus Cube, think of something else. Wish I had just bought one of those new USB GoogleTV devices instead. It would give me pleasure to smash my cube to bits with a hammer, but I am holding out on someone doing something with this thing - a custom ROM would be just what the Dr ordred.I am a linux admin by trade, maybe I will buy a better device and then start on hacking this pile of junk.....