Cuberoot

zlyons
Android 1.0

Cuberoot

Post by zlyons »

Cuberoot mentioned on blog page doesn't appear to be in the play store anymore. Does anyone have a working link? I tried to leave a comment on the blog page, but it won't stick.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Cuberoot

Post by killer4110 »

zlyons wrote:Cuberoot mentioned on blog page doesn't appear to be in the play store anymore. Does anyone have a working link? I tried to leave a comment on the blog page, but it won't stick.
You can find the link to the apk on the blog, look for Here right above the video.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
zlyons
Android 1.0

Post by zlyons »

Got it. Thanks. Somehow I missed that link.
jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

Can you tell me your root process, I have the device powered on, sideloaded cuberoot.apk from my dropbox and installed apk. Did the root and got message it was successful. I then rebooted and switched browser agent to generic but still hulu blocked me? Any ideas

Thanks
dexter
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by dexter »

jmprnbr1 wrote:I then rebooted and switched browser agent to generic but still hulu blocked me? Any ideas
i do not think root got any solution to a browser restriction at all. there you need Agent changed, which some browsers support, you need the correct IP to view the site, if not based in USA.
Skater_Ricky
Android 1.0

Post by Skater_Ricky »

I attempted to run the "Cuberoot" and reboot my Cube and It did nothing even after restarting. I'm trying to use SixAxis Controller app to pair up my DualShock 3 via Bluetooth which requires root access. After messing with it for awhile I then gave up since it was up way too late.

Now today after thinking about what I did the next day I'm not sure If I clicked on the Patch button by mistake.

Is there a way to reverse the Patch if I by mistakenly did do such a thing?? If so I like to reverse the Patch exploit if possible.
sidsol
Android 1.0

Post by sidsol »

installed cuberoot.... it staed i was rooted . No supersu installed . I tried to manually install and it states i have no SU binary
termdefined
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by termdefined »

Hi Guys,

I just purchased the Asus cube and it will arrive wednesday for me. Was wondering if AdBlockPlus will work one the device?

Also wondering if anyone has had success with cuberoot?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

sidsol wrote:installed cuberoot.... it staed i was rooted . No supersu installed . I tried to manually install and it states i have no SU binary
termdefined wrote:Hi Guys,

I just purchased the Asus cube and it will arrive wednesday for me. Was wondering if AdBlockPlus will work one the device?

Also wondering if anyone has had success with cuberoot?
Cuberoot may be patched. Please check http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Exploiti ... g_for_Root for an alternate method to root your ASUS Cube.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
termdefined
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by termdefined »

OK so I setup my asus cube last night. First did a factory reset and then installed cube root. It worked. I then went into chrome browser and set custom user agent. Worked. Hulu now works however AdBlockPlus apk could not be opened and i was hoping to be able to install that with Super User. Also I thought I would be able to remove bloatware but you cannot. Kind of disappointed at this root.

Also for some reason the box wont recognize my widescreen and none of the settings let me change the aspect ratio. Can anyone help me with that?