Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

wtfchuck
Android 1.0

Re: Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

Post by wtfchuck »

Noyes wrote:how do you get the NeoTV into recovery so you can apply a manual update?
Mine will not update. Keeps failing?
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

wtfchuck wrote:
Noyes wrote:how do you get the NeoTV into recovery so you can apply a manual update?
Mine will not update. Keeps failing?
I'm talking using an update.zip, mine's bricked it goes from the startup screen to completely black.
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

I'm getting Netgear to send me a new Google TV, but for future reference. NOBODY TRY THIS ROOT METHOD IT WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE AND YOU WILL HAVE TO GET A NEW ONE, THERE IS NO RECOVERY.
brinraeven
Android 1.0

Post by brinraeven »

So, this worked like a charm on my last device, then the software related to the remote got screwed up - nothing to do with the PrimePwn - so I had to order a replacement. Now PrimePwn does not work. I was so happy with my google tv until now. Huge sad face!!!!! :( Does anyone have advice on how to make this work with firmware 3.2?

Steph
GrandDad
Android 1.0

Post by GrandDad »

So is the Post earlier saying that PrimePwn would brick the NeoTV Prime correct? I just got one last week and enjoy it as is, but would like to root it if that is possible. Anyone tried rooting the latest version of the NeoTV Prime?
Zellidon
Android 1.0

Post by Zellidon »

GrandDad wrote:So is the Post earlier saying that PrimePwn would brick the NeoTV Prime correct? I just got one last week and enjoy it as is, but would like to root it if that is possible. Anyone tried rooting the latest version of the NeoTV Prime?
I just bought one of these yesterday, June 26th 2013, set it up let the system update to the latest version (which I'm kind of regretting) then put PrimePwn on a micro sd card with fat 32 with usb adapter and it rooted just fine. I assume there were some user errors involved with the people bricking their devices above.

The reason I'm regretting the system update is because it seems you're not able to get to the free hulu.com site anymore. But in the video demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFdTYM6fmgs this user shows at the end what appears to be the free hulu.com site. Can anyone with a rooted factory 1.0.3 version of this device confirm that they are able to use the free version of hulu.com? Because the latest version definitely doesn't allow it after setting chrome advance settings to generic user etc.
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

Not user error. I have several Android devices and I've rooted them all and flashed custom ROMs. You were just lucky that it didn't brick you.
btux81
Android 1.0

Post by btux81 »

I am running build number V1.145 (Firmware version 3.2). I formatted an SD card and copied the 3 files extracted from PrimePwn.zip but it does not interrupt the boot like it has done previously. Has anyone had any luck rooting on this version? I have downloaded an OTA file from GTVHacker (48a52f02f44a.NeoTVPrime-ota.v1.0.9.zip) and have it copied to a USB Flash but not sure how to get it to work properly. Should I try to install this using remote adb? I have used ADB commands to send/receive and even flash files on a Nexus but it was connected directly to a PC. Does anyone know the precise command? Thanks for the support.
joevega
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by joevega »

btux81 wrote:I am running build number V1.145 (Firmware version 3.2).
Same here. I just picked up the NeoTV Prime this morning at my local Target store... apparently with the latest firmware already installed. Please let us know if you are going to continue updating this root method.
alien1975
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: LG 55G2 (Internet TV)

Post by alien1975 »

hello