Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

enaybee
Android 1.0

Re: Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

Post by enaybee »

Same thing here. Plugged my drive into the box (an 8GB fresh formatted) and as soon as I plugged it in it restarted the box. On restart it went up to Netgear screen and then got stuck on black screen. After that I reset it multiple times but nothing. My box is gone.
afman3
Android 1.0

Post by afman3 »

So I tried to root my Netgear NeoTV prime using PrimePwn but something went wrong. Now all I get when I turn on my box is the Netgear Startup screen then just a black screen. I found the latest firmware update for the box but can not figure out how to apply the firmware to fix the box. Any ideas?
wtfchuck
Android 1.0

Post by wtfchuck »

Can anybody confirm if this hack is still working? Looks like a couple of bricks in the last posts/ :?:
ValdeNex
Android 1.0

Post by ValdeNex »

Yes it is...
I though i bricked my unit as well...

But fortunately i was able to get it to actually go through.

I did a factory reset by holding the reset button down for 10 seconds

Then i formatted another flash drive and was able to get it to go through this time.
wtfchuck
Android 1.0

Post by wtfchuck »

Confirmed still working great!
eos rebel
Android 1.0

Post by eos rebel »

I just tried PrimePwn and looks like I'm another brick. I just tried to factory reset the device about a dozen times, restarted it just as many and I'm still on the black screen. Do I now have a shiny new paper weight or is there anything else I can do?
demologik
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by demologik »

Try unpluging the box. Plug in your primepwn drive, then hold the reset switch as u plug in box. Reply w results..
dixeflatline
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by dixeflatline »

So im an idiot... I updated to the latest 1.113 (i think 1.113) is the lastest version number. I thought id still try PrimePwn, which didnt brick my box but did install SuperSU. It worked like normally does with the flash process, USB stick in on a powered of NeoTV Prime, turn on, mounts/syncs USB, reboots, and process completes.

Go to Chrome and set advanced settings to "Generic" and then try and load hulu.com, i just get a blank page that wont load but i noticed when it does the redirect in the URL it says .hulu.com/xxxxxxxxx/Platform=googletv

question, exploit sounds to be patched but how SuperSU still gets installed and machine doesnt brick and works fine? sounds like the exploit is still there and im doing something wrong.

Thank you for any advice,
DFL
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

demologik wrote:Try unpluging the box. Plug in your primepwn drive, then hold the reset switch as u plug in box. Reply w results..
Doesn't work still bricked
Noyes
Android 1.0

Post by Noyes »

how do you get the NeoTV into recovery so you can apply a manual update?