Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

demologik
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Re: Say Hello to the Netgear NeoTV Prime and “PrimePwn”

Post by demologik »

I'll let ya know after I get home from work.
demologik
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by demologik »

Okay. Hulu Plus works great. Enable "generic user agent" in Chrome under "advanced settings" to make it work.. Plays videos in full screen with zero audio latency issues, smooth streaming HD content. Now all we need is a custom recovery image!!!
http://youtu.be/5czfV2-q0u0
jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

the hisense pulse lets you watch regular hulu also will neo do that or do you have to watch hulu plus?
Meridian
Android 1.0

Post by Meridian »

Zenofex: Is there a way to temporarily allow updates to be admitted once you have already rooted the box? It appears that the update hasn't removed root or any functionality, and I was wondering if a separate test_mode where the otacerts file is restored, just for updating, could be made available.

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting, Zenofex and Demologik.
jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

I hope this is a dumb question (and if so I apologize) but how does the GTV100 turn the TV on and Off, I only see the power for the box and not the TV??? Can this box turn the TV on and off, I can control volume and channels but don't see on and off. Thanks
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

Unfortunately, this is a limitation with the hardware, and it only works for the NeoTV itself. There is currently no provisions for TV/STB/Other Device power controls.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Jarhead »

jmprnbr1 wrote:I hope this is a dumb question (and if so I apologize) but how does the GTV100 turn the TV on and Off, I only see the power for the box and not the TV??? Can this box turn the TV on and off, I can control volume and channels but don't see on and off. Thanks
You can get a better remote. The Logitech ones (full size and mini) have separate power buttons for all 3 devices. Of course with the NeoTv they disabled the ability to control a receiver so it will only control the 2 devices.
I use the mini controller with my Pulse and it works fine.
Another option, and a better one, is don't use the gtv remote as your primary. I use my Harmony remote to power on and for main control until I use the gtv function, then I grab the gtv remote. I know some will say this isn't how it 'should' be but if you're gonna be honest you'll admit the gtv remotes are very lacking so it makes sense.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Jarhead »

jmprnbr1 wrote:I hope this is a dumb question (and if so I apologize) but how does the GTV100 turn the TV on and Off, I only see the power for the box and not the TV??? Can this box turn the TV on and off, I can control volume and channels but don't see on and off. Thanks
You can get a better remote. The Logitech ones (full size and mini) have separate power buttons for all 3 devices. Of course with the NeoTv they disabled the ability to control a receiver so it will only control the 2 devices.
I use the mini controller with my Pulse and it works fine.
Another option, and a better one, is don't use the gtv remote as your primary. I use my Harmony remote to power on and for main control until I use the gtv function, then I grab the gtv remote. I know some will say this isn't how it 'should' be but if you're gonna be honest you'll admit the gtv remotes are very lacking so it makes sense.
jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

I love the gtv100 i guee i just need to get a good remote from a third party. Any suggestions would be great.
loady2u
Android 1.0

Post by loady2u »

well...
I just picked one up one of these bad boys the other day, set it up...all good last 3 days.
decided to try prime-pwn earlier today...popped usb in, walked away for about 20min and...
looks like I fried it.
can't get anything, won't boot up.
I get a netgear pic on restart- then nothing.
Tried the reset button, unplugging...replugging = nothing.
--wow, what a real let down.
I guess I'll return it tomorrow.
loady