Force closes of Oneway Control

FMKaiba
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Force closes of Oneway Control

Post by FMKaiba »

I got my pulse and immediately rooted it successfully, setup went fine as well.

The main issue that arises (and is a deal-breaker) is "Oneway Control" is repeatedly force closes. This crashes LiveTV and makes watching tv unusable. It will even crash when not using the tv (due to its a background process).

Also, the volume button on the remote does not change the volume on my receiver, just my google tv. (despite adjusting the setting)

Any ideas? I am thinking the update i am blocking may include a fix... can i merge part of it?

It seems related to the setup of my TV provider, when no incoming video source is selected, its fine. (I also can't seem to replicated it when selecting dish network instead of cable-vision)

Code: Select all

D/MVBerlinAudioEngine0(  715):   ** Clear remain samples: in compressed_sample_list = 0decompressed_sample_list = 0 decoder_queue = 0 render_queue = 0
D/MediaDeviceView( 1285): Performing action for key with keycode=82, scancode=127
W/dalvikvm( 3532): threadid=9: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2b8427d8)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532): FATAL EXCEPTION: AsyncTask #1
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532): java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occured while executing doInBackground()
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java:266)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerSetException(FutureTask.java:273)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:124)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:307)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1081)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:574)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1020)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532): Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at com.google.tv.onewaycontrol.OneWayService$QueryChannelTask.hasMetaDataChanges(OneWayService.java:565)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at com.google.tv.onewaycontrol.OneWayService$QueryChannelTask.updateChannelsFromQuery(OneWayService.java:532)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at com.google.tv.onewaycontrol.OneWayService$QueryChannelTask.doInBackground(OneWayService.java:472)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at com.google.tv.onewaycontrol.OneWayService$QueryChannelTask.doInBackground(OneWayService.java:432)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:252)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:305)
E/AndroidRuntime( 3532):        ... 4 more