Hisense Pulse Root For Dummies by Yellowmann

Yellowmann
Android 1.0

Hisense Pulse Root For Dummies by Yellowmann

Post by Yellowmann »

Hello everyone, I had use the original document from http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Hisense_ ... on_Package but being a newbie, I still had trouble understanding what to do. After I got my first Pulse rooted, some how later it updated and I lost the root :( But that was OK because I originally got it to play with and than plan on giving it to my parents. They don't know what root is anyway. So I like what I seen from the Pulse and got a second one for myself and rooted it with np using my info. I gather. (BIG Thanks to kermit_01 for all his help) BTW my second unit is over heating so back it goes for another one.

Anyways, here is what your all waiting for..... If there is anything else others wants to add to these steps to clarify or make easier, just add here.

1) Download and Unzip the Android SDK http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html#download to your PC ex:(C:\adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools)
2) Download and Unzip the Pulse Modification Script http://download.gtvhacker.com/file/pulse/pulse_root.zipon the PC to the directory where android sdk was unzip too ex: (C:\adt-bundle\sdk\platform-tools)

3) Follow the Manufacture direction to setup your Pulse but DO NOT UPGRADE

4) On the pulse, go to All Applications, Settings, then Applications. Hit development. Check off "Enable Remote Debugging", a message will pop up saying "your files can be modified", press ok.
Then, go to the option below that, says "Remote Debugger IP", go back, and enter your PC's local IP address, then try to re-connect with adb!

5) On the PC click start than run
Type "CMD" to get into command prompt.
Using DOS command type "cd adt-bundle/sdk/platform-tools"
Now type the follow
adb connect <IP_OF_YOUR_GTV> (enter)
adb root (enter)
adb connect <IP_OF_YOUR_GTV> (enter)
adb push (location_of_pulse_root.sh) tmp/pulse_root.sh /tmp/pulse_root.sh (enter)
adb shell (enter)
In the adb shell prompt, which should currently be displaying a "#" type the follow
cd /tmp (enter)
sh pulse_root.sh (enter)

6) Reboot the device

7) After the reboot follow the steps below to modify Chrome's User Agent.

Open Chrome on the Pulse
Click the Menu button (Between Web and FN)
Choose Settings
Choose Advanced Settings
Click on "Under the Hood" in the left panel
Scroll down to the User Agent section and choose "Custom User Agent"
copy and paste this string
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1309.0 Safari/537.17"
to the custom user agent area and hit ok and reboot.

8. You're finished, restart the device and enjoy Fox/NBC/CBS/Hulu/Etc.

To remove the update file that might have been downloaded to your Pulse
adb in (adb shell), and type: cd /cache; rm *.zip
Or install root browser navigate to cache and erase the zip file.

NOTE:
The script disables updates by renaming otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.old it can be located using a root browser at /system/etc/security -- if your says .old at the end updates have been disabled. You can also side load a program like autoruns and go to google services framework and then deselect the one that says update.systemserviceupdate$receiver to disable them, but if the script finishes without error you should see the file renamed.

To verify you have root you should see SuperSU installed under your apps. Open that and it should ask you to update the binary. If all that goes off without a hitch you have root. If you want you also could sideload an app like root checker.
Android 1.0

Re: Hisense Pulse Root For Dummies by Yellowmann

Post by newbie »

You Rock! Big Thanks. My Pulse is arriving today. Can't wait. Does this have to be a PC? How about a mac? I guess I am also missing on how this file gets to the Pulse? Magic? Flash Drive? Osmosis? Sorry for the dumb questions.
jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

I am having trouble, I keep getting the pop up to update the box. I have rooted and have superSU and access to Hulu but still prompting for updates. I deleted the update file from cache folder and cleared the notification but still keeps popping up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
gtvguy
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gtvguy »

newbie wrote:You Rock! Big Thanks. My Pulse is arriving today. Can't wait. Does this have to be a PC? How about a mac? I guess I am also missing on how this file gets to the Pulse? Magic? Flash Drive? Osmosis? Sorry for the dumb questions.
This is how (adb push):
adb push pulse_root.sh /tmp/pulse_root.sh (enter)

In lieu of Step 1 above, you can get just adb--without downloading the large SDK--here:
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/sdk/adb.zip

It includes versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Extract the adb files and the pulse_root.sh script to a directory, open a shell/command prompt there, and follow the directions above.
Logitech Revue and Hisense Pulse
HanzP
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by HanzP »

delete
Last edited by HanzP on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yellowmann
Android 1.0

Post by Yellowmann »

Thanks for the feed back... enjoy!
kboatman
Android 1.0

Post by kboatman »

Hi! I'm having trouble with the first step after downloading the files and changing the settings on my device.

Once I open the command prompt and input (already there C:\users\kim) "cd adt-bundle/sdk/platform-tools" it says that the system cannot find the file specified. I renamed the folder in my c drive to just be adt-bundle.

What am I doing wrong? :( I love the features of the Pulse but the main reason I choose this device instead of a Roku was because I thought I'd be able to root and play Hulu. I hope you can help!
stussy
Android 1.0

Post by stussy »

I went of this guide for it
A bit easier to understand

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/pulse-gx1200 ... c1290.html
gtvguy
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gtvguy »

kboatman wrote:Hi! I'm having trouble with the first step after downloading the files and changing the settings on my device.

Once I open the command prompt and input (already there C:\users\kim) "cd adt-bundle/sdk/platform-tools" it says that the system cannot find the file specified. I renamed the folder in my c drive to just be adt-bundle.

What am I doing wrong? :( I love the features of the Pulse but the main reason I choose this device instead of a Roku was because I thought I'd be able to root and play Hulu. I hope you can help!
Sounds like you extracted the adt-bundle to the root directory of C: (C:\) and your command prompt is opening at your home directory (C:\users\kim). Thus, from there you need to "cd c:/adt-bundle/sdk/platform-tools".
Logitech Revue and Hisense Pulse
stussy
Android 1.0

Post by stussy »

kboatman wrote:Hi! I'm having trouble with the first step after downloading the files and changing the settings on my device.

Put the folder in c directory and rename folder to C:\adt-bundle-windows-x86