Black or blank screen when device goes to sleep.

graken
Android 1.0

Black or blank screen when device goes to sleep.

Post by graken »

Just got a Pulse and have been playing with it for two days and noticed that if I leave the device powered on and turn off the TV for a while and turn the TV back on it appears like the Pulse goes to sleep and the display goes blank permanently. I need to reboot it to bring the display back on.
Is there a way to leave the Pulse turned on without it going to sleep and needing a reboot ? While in this bad state I continue to get sound on the TV from the passthrough HDMI source. Also, if I try to switch to other sources (say Youtube) it appears to work except that the TV display just stays blank.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Black or blank screen when device goes to sleep.

Post by Jarhead »

It's not "going to sleep" if it needs a reboot. That's called a problem.
kermit_01
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by kermit_01 »

graken wrote:Just got a Pulse and have been playing with it for two days and noticed that if I leave the device powered on and turn off the TV for a while and turn the TV back on it appears like the Pulse goes to sleep and the display goes blank permanently. I need to reboot it to bring the display back on.
Is there a way to leave the Pulse turned on without it going to sleep and needing a reboot ? While in this bad state I continue to get sound on the TV from the passthrough HDMI source. Also, if I try to switch to other sources (say Youtube) it appears to work except that the TV display just stays blank.
Go to the settings>Picture & Sound>Screen off timeout> set it to Never.
graken
Android 1.0

Post by graken »

kermit_01 wrote:
Go to the settings>Picture & Sound>Screen off timeout> set it to Never.
Yep, tried that already and it did not help. I also tried playing around with the HDMI CEC settings without any change in behavior (not that it has anything to do with it).