Flash Question--

kermit_01
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Flash Question--

Post by kermit_01 »

I have an application I would like to use on my Pulse. It however requires flash. Simply installing the flash APK doesn't work because the application does not see it. Is it possible on a rooted system install flash so that other applications can make use of it?
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Flash Question--

Post by cj_000 »

kermit_01 wrote:I have an application I would like to use on my Pulse. It however requires flash. Simply installing the flash APK doesn't work because the application does not see it. Is it possible on a rooted system install flash so that other applications can make use of it?
Well, generally no. Flash is installed on the box, but it only works under chrome. You might have more luck with a rooted system, but there would be a lot more work to get it running than just rooting and installing. How exactly are you using flash (or, can you somehow get chrome to do it?)
kermit_01
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Flash Question--

Post by kermit_01 »

Its more of a personal preference. I use Playon- I'm not a fan of the web interface. I do like the playon app for android, but it requires flash. When installed on a Google TV box the app works fine until you choose a video to play then it tells you flash is required. This is my first rooted GTV box, but my third box overall. I of course can just continue to use the web interface over chrome, but its not ideal in my opinion and would prefer to use the native playon app.