Pulse and Dish Network

demologik
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Pulse and Dish Network

Post by demologik »

I am the owner of the Logitech revue and decided it was time to upgrade. I decided to buy the Sony NSZ-GS7 as it had better specs than the Revue. I have gotten the SONY box set up properly to where it will control my DISH box in the bedroom. In my living room, I am replacing the Revue with the Pulse box. Here's where I run into problems. With both the GS7 and the Revue, I can trick the boxes into controlling my Dish Hopper/ Joey setup. All you do is setup the boxes as VIP 722k's. With the Pulse it is not letting me control the Hopper. At all. I bought the Pulse because I have been searching for a PROPER GTV box that can easily be rooted. So I ordered it from your Amazon link Thursday and received it today.. Any of you users have a similar setup? Hopper/Joey.. Dish says the Hopper doersn't support GTV.. but I find this bogus.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Pulse and Dish Network

Post by Jarhead »

The box doesn't have to support gtv. Gtv has to support the box. If your dish box's ir commands are in the gtv database it will work. You will have to find the ir receiver on the hopper and attach the pulses emitter right over the receiver. The Pulse doesn't come with a blaster that can be placed in front of the equipment, it needs to be in the equipment. Or you can buy a blaster like the revue blaster and use it. The revues blaster needs an adapter to be used by the pulse. You can get it at radio Shack.
jljansen
Android 1.0

Re: Pulse and Dish Network

Post by jljansen »

I just got the Hisense Pulse and have it set up with my Hopper. The box comes with a cable with a single IR emitter and it worked to control either my TV or my Hopper, but I couldn't find a spot that would work for both. I got an after market cable from Amazon that has 2 emitters and now everything works just fine. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BBMVRC/)
I think I used VIP922DVR, but I'm sure whatever you had used previously would work fine.

But yeah, if you are looking for a way to do it without the emitters, I think you're out of luck.