Pulse can't control my devices

davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Pulse can't control my devices

Post by davpel »

Jarhead wrote:
davpel wrote:
Jarhead wrote:There are ways to make it work.
And? No offense, but perhaps you could be a bit more helpful.

LOL, sorry, could have but but figured I'd wait til my Pulse came in. Should be today or tomorrow.

I'm very curious about this "made to control one device" thing. Obviously Hisense screwed up by including an emitter instead of a blaster and I'm hoping this statement is just their way of trying to justify their mistake. When going through the setup, does the Pulse give you the option of adding a tv or receiver? Need to know if I should cancel my order.

Never mind, I just watched a setup. it does ask for tv and receiver. So I would guess I'm right and they are trying to cover their mistake of including an emitter. It obviously is meant to control all 3 devices if it has that in the setup.
Thanks Jarhead! My Pulse units are on their way as well, and I will be eagerly awaiting your advise on how to get the IR functions working better. I'm most worried about my family room. Currently, I have a Sony GTV unit there which I will be replacing with the Pulse. The Sony is on the same wall as the TV and getting an emitter over from the GTV to the TV will be very difficult. Because of the way the Sony unit works, I can control my TV volume with the Sony GTV remote without any line of sight between the devices. From what I can tell, that will not be the case with the Pulse.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Jarhead wrote:That's what I figured. Just go to radio shack, get a female 3/32" to male 1/8" phono converter.
Plug it in and it will work.

Thanks Jarhead, it worked...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Jarhead »

killer4110 wrote:
Jarhead wrote:That's what I figured. Just go to radio shack, get a female 3/32" to male 1/8" phono converter.
Plug it in and it will work.

Thanks Jarhead, it worked...
Knew it would. :D
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Jarhead »

davpel wrote:Thanks Jarhead! My Pulse units are on their way as well, and I will be eagerly awaiting your advise on how to get the IR functions working better. I'm most worried about my family room. Currently, I have a Sony GTV unit there which I will be replacing with the Pulse. The Sony is on the same wall as the TV and getting an emitter over from the GTV to the TV will be very difficult. Because of the way the Sony unit works, I can control my TV volume with the Sony GTV remote without any line of sight between the devices. From what I can tell, that will not be the case with the Pulse.
Depending on where your cable box and receiver are you may want to just go with emitters.
You can split the IR signal from the Pulse as needed, probably should get at least 5 depending on the power output but all you need is 3 so shouldn't be a problem.
Using the one emitter included, get a double headed emitter ( http://www.smarthome.com/79003/Calrad-9 ... ter/p.aspx ) and a regular phono Y cable. Plug the stock emitter into one Y, and the dual emitter into the other. Typically your cable box and receiver would be closer together so use the dual for them, send the single to your tv. You can get an extension cable if needed.
That should do it.
Other option, use the Revue Blaster ( on amazon for $8 ) if you place it where it sees all 3 devices. Doesn't have to be exactly in sight, IR signal will bounce off walls a little, but the closer to sight the better. You can even extend the blaster to a wall behind your seating area and it will work just like you using the remote control.
Good luck! Just got my Pulse delivered, will setup when I'm home!