Pulse can't control my devices

killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Pulse can't control my devices

Post by killer4110 »

I received the Pulse from Fed-Ex yesterday, hooked everything up and for some reason it can't find the Command Set #'s i need to control my AVR, Samsung TV or my cable box. I've tried soo many times it has locked me out for security reasons, WTF?

I called customer service, they really had no answers for me, they just kept asking how i had it hooked up, i have 5 other GTV devices, and i never had these problems. The Pulse is just a paperweight right now, sure i can get into all apps but that's about it.
Attachments
nope3.png
nope3.png (54.91 KiB) Viewed 20627 times
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Pulse can't control my devices

Post by cj_000 »

Dumb question, and you probably did already - but you try wiping it? Might clear whatever lockout there is on the box (assuming it's not server side / ip / mac based).
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Jarhead »

It's a known issue. The only guy that can fix it at Hisense was off until today. Hopefully they get it corrected.
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

cj_000 wrote:Dumb question, and you probably did already - but you try wiping it? Might clear whatever lockout there is on the box (assuming it's not server side / ip / mac based).
I finally got it to work, i had to stick the emitter onto the front of my cable box.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

Jarhead wrote:It's a known issue. The only guy that can fix it at Hisense was off until today. Hopefully they get it corrected.
I have been on the phone all day with someone named David at Hisense, he doesn't understand what the issues are, i had to make a video and send it to him...
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

From the order of your posts, I can't tell whether you got the problem resolved. Is the Hisense controlling everything properly now? Also, is your Netflix working? I'm on the fence about ordering one to replace my aging Revue, but I'm hesitant due to these issues and also whether it is really that much of an upgrade. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

David
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

davpel wrote:From the order of your posts, I can't tell whether you got the problem resolved. Is the Hisense controlling everything properly now? Also, is your Netflix working? I'm on the fence about ordering one to replace my aging Revue, but I'm hesitant due to these issues and also whether it is really that much of an upgrade. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

David
I got the device running, with some scotch tape to help me out :? it seems to be a problem with my cable box, i have read on some social networks that only a handful of people are having issues setting up the device, as far as putting in zip codes and stb model numbers. If you're looking to upgrade the Revue, out of all the devices out there, i would have to say get the Pulse, it's nice. I only posted my problem here to see if it was a common issue, but it's not. I'm always here if you have any more questions.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Post by davpel »

killer4110 wrote:
davpel wrote:From the order of your posts, I can't tell whether you got the problem resolved. Is the Hisense controlling everything properly now? Also, is your Netflix working? I'm on the fence about ordering one to replace my aging Revue, but I'm hesitant due to these issues and also whether it is really that much of an upgrade. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

David
I got the device running, with some scotch tape to help me out :? it seems to be a problem with my cable box, i have read on some social networks that only a handful of people are having issues setting up the device, as far as putting in zip codes and stb model numbers. If you're looking to upgrade the Revue, out of all the devices out there, i would have to say get the Pulse, it's nice. I only posted my problem here to see if it was a common issue, but it's not. I'm always here if you have any more questions.
Thanks for the response. Have you owned/used a Revue? If so, is there an appreciable difference in speed (in terms of opening apps, Chrome, etc.)?
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

davpel wrote:
killer4110 wrote:

David
Thanks for the response. Have you owned/used a Revue? If so, is there an appreciable difference in speed (in terms of opening apps, Chrome, etc.)?
I have 2 Logitech Revue's, 2 Vizio Co-Star's and 1 Sony NSZ-GS7 and yes, the Pulse is faster than the Revue in every way possible,
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
Appletini
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Appletini »

Yeah its much much faster then the revue its has no lag...

That being said.. the remote can be finicky and seems to try and determine if what way your holding it in order to deactivate or activate the buttons on the bottom of the device. Also the IR blaster is a lot worse then the revue.. the revue has 2 IR blasters built in and then 2 plugs for additional IR blasters. So what you should do is get a repeater if your situation so requires multiple IR blasters. If you really dont like the remote you can always use your phone or tablet

VS the revue i would say that the revue is a higher quality (it was originally $300 so that's why) product and more thought out... but the Pulse has so much more power and runs so smoothly its a no brainer.

AND YOU CAN HAS ROOT, ALL DA ROOTS YOU WANTS. No Ads and being able to use any streaming website and remve bloatware = WIN