Does it freeze?

mjeshurun
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Does it freeze?

Post by mjeshurun »

Can someone comment on the Pulse's software reliability?
A lot of Vizio Co-Star users report the Co-Star freezes often due to heat buildup caused by its small form factor. Since the Pulse is almost identical in size to the Co-Star, does it also suffer from software freezes due to heat?
kermit_01
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Does it freeze?

Post by kermit_01 »

I got mine today. I expierenced two total lock ups that i doubt were heat related becuase the box had only been on a few minutes each time. One it locked up at the main screen and I was forced to pull the plug to reset it, one it locked up in the play store after i attempted to search and crashed the store app, which kicked me back to the main menu and locked totally. There was kind of a third lock up where I was attempting to use the chrome browser and it frooze but then seemed to do a hot reboot.

Aside from being able to root it quickly my initial impressions have been less then stellar.
davpel
1.5 Cupcake

Re: Does it freeze?

Post by davpel »

Have been using two rooted Pulse units for about a week now and haven't had a single freeze or serious issue. The only complaint is that the Pulse reverts to the last used app when there is no video signal detected. My directtv remotes shut down both the tv and the sat box when you hit power. This means that every time we turn the tv and sat box back on, we have to grab the Pulse remote in order to switch to live tv. Now I remember that this also happened early on with my Revue and first gen Sony GTV box, so hopefully this will be fixed in a future update (which we rooted users can somehow get!).