Vizio units are reported to be shipping

wizziwig
Android 1.0

Re: Vizio units are reported to be shipping

Post by wizziwig »

Posted a system dump here:

http://ultramegabit.com/folder/view/WXDT1Zj1oU0

This is after the first OTA update was performed upon first bootup. It updated firmware from U01.002.001 to u.2.2.7-FCS (8-10-2012)

Also includes a log file so you can see what files were skipped during the pull (permission errors?). I did this in a Windows cygwin shell. Hopefully it didn't mangle the files. If it did, I'll have to install the Android SDK one one of my Linux boxes.
tdweng
Android 1.0

Post by tdweng »

wizziwig wrote:Posted a system dump here:

http://ultramegabit.com/folder/view/WXDT1Zj1oU0

This is after the first OTA update was performed upon first bootup. It updated firmware from U01.002.001 to u.2.2.7-FCS (8-10-2012)

Also includes a log file so you can see what files were skipped during the pull (permission errors?). I did this in a Windows cygwin shell. Hopefully it didn't mangle the files. If it did, I'll have to install the Android SDK one one of my Linux boxes.
Thanks wizziwig, downloading now. Also did your box come USPS as final delivery or fedex? Just curious to who i should expect to deliver mine
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

Awesome wizziwig - thanks, helps hold us off for a few days until our boxes arrive. However, if possible can you also upload / , or at least the /init.rc and init.*.rc scripts?

Thanks!
wizziwig
Android 1.0

Post by wizziwig »

Added the init files to the same shared folder linked above.

I've been looking around whether native C/C++ NDK is possible on these GTV 2.0 devices. This thread seems to have conflicting information:

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue-develo ... 93-10.html

Anyone know for sure? I got this Vizio mostly for development and much prefer C++ to Java.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

Again - appreciated. Hopefully our boxes will be showing up in the next few days.

As for the NDK - sort of is the best I can say. It does seem to support native libs IF you use the compiler that was GPL'd, akin to the Revue. Trying normal android apps fails terribly due to library differences.
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

I got my Co-Star today and I agree that the stock software isn't very good. The DLNA player (PlayPoint) would not play back a single video that I have. The Logitech Revue, however, plays back every single one with audio. It is also a bit disappointing that despite being ARM based, I couldn't really get any "non GoogleTV" apps to work. OnLive did work, although the audio seemed to be noisy / out of sync. If not for OnLive, I would say that the Logitech Revue still provides a better experience.
ktklein72
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by ktklein72 »

Got mine yesterday; setup was a snap including the firmware update however I suspect my Denon A/V Receiver doesn't like the Co-Star because whenever I switch between apps and live TV I lose picture and audio and the only way to recover is to power cycle my receiver. This weekend I'm going to try it in my bedroom where I have just a cable box and a Samsung LED TV - no A/V receiver - too see if similar issues arise.

I was disappointed the OS is HC3.2 and not ICS4.0.4. So many apps did not appear in Google Play because of this. I couldn't even get Dropbox or Box.net to appear in a search but Ubuntu One did, so atleast I can sideload apps from that account.

Anyone on Comcast Xfinity with the Cisco RNG200 cable box? The universal remote has a menu option to access the DVR but nothing happens when I press it. Was wondering if anyone else experienced that too...

I was able to get .avi and .mp4 files to stream from my PogoPlug Classic via uPnP/DLNA using GTVBox (sideloaded) but so far no luck with 720p or 1080p .mkv files. Any suggestions?
Twitter: ktklein72