Stock Launcher

tdweng
Android 1.0

Stock Launcher

Post by tdweng »

I have repackaged the hisense pulse launcher to work on any gen2 GTV device. This is a huge improvement over the vizio launcher that is laggy and well not stock.

Current issues:
1. If force close occurs, it resets the default launcher to be none so you got to re-select it.

Fixed
1. Notifications are working
2. Force close on opening of apps.

If you notice anything please let me know.

New file host info:
md5: b4eee8323ffba4cbc1fe9d8d13a66a61
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763521
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Stock Launcher

Post by killer4110 »

I have this on my Co-Star and i have been trying to get it to FC for me, i can't. I tried everything, my notifications work fine, i have pushed about 15 to my TV and no problems. Is there any way to get the stock settings to open?
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
tdweng
Android 1.0

Post by tdweng »

Must by my vizio it kind of screwed up, but if notifications work that is awesome. I not sure what you mean by stock settings, pretty sure my settings app opens fine.

I will play around with it today, otherwise jump on irc and let me know.
tdweng
Android 1.0

Post by tdweng »

killer4110 wrote:I have this on my Co-Star and i have been trying to get it to FC for me, i can't. I tried everything, my notifications work fine, i have pushed about 15 to my TV and no problems. Is there any way to get the stock settings to open?
So i could repackage the stock settings app, but pretty sure it would be useless without root access or certs from google so i can access the perms needed to set some of those settings.
Montygue
Android 1.0

Post by Montygue »

Awe. Some.
Thank you! I hate the launcher with the Co-Star. I tried so many other launchers and none of them I liked. Phone launchers were too touch dependent and other gtv launchers were crappy imo.
nschiwy
Android 1.0

Post by nschiwy »

With the 4.6.0 update, they seem to have broken the ability to sideload the stock launcher. Has anyone else had this experience and does anyone know how you would go about fixing this? I really liked the stock launcher better than the Vizio launcher so I would really like to get it back up and running as soon as I can. I would even be willing to roll back to GTV 2.0 to have the stock launcher back lol
tdweng
Android 1.0

Post by tdweng »

nschiwy wrote:With the 4.6.0 update, they seem to have broken the ability to sideload the stock launcher. Has anyone else had this experience and does anyone know how you would go about fixing this? I really liked the stock launcher better than the Vizio launcher so I would really like to get it back up and running as soon as I can. I would even be willing to roll back to GTV 2.0 to have the stock launcher back lol
That seems strange, i probably should fix my box to see what is up.
psunexus
Android 1.0

Post by psunexus »

I can confirm that the Stock launcher will not install after the 4.6.0 update.