Power Off powers off DVR

AlanF51
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Power Off powers off DVR

Post by AlanF51 »

Hi,
I hooked up a new NSZ-GS7 last night and when I turned it off it turned off my DVR. I have a uverse Motorola VIP 1225 DVR and it needs to stay on or in sleep mode.
I can't find a way to tell the remote to not shutdown the DVR when the TV is powered off. Any hints?
setup is DVR -> NSZ-GZ7 -> SONY AVR -> SONY TV

setup worked fine with a Revue.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Re: Power Off powers off DVR

Post by killer4110 »

AlanF51 wrote:Hi,
I hooked up a new NSZ-GS7 last night and when I turned it off it turned off my DVR. I have a uverse Motorola VIP 1225 DVR and it needs to stay on or in sleep mode.
I can't find a way to tell the remote to not shutdown the DVR when the TV is powered off. Any hints?

This may sound stupid/strange, but i have my Revue plugged in and put off to the side just so i can still control everything with the keyboard as far as powering on/off my devices. The new Sony remote just sucks all together.......
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
AlanF51
Android 1.0

Post by AlanF51 »

killer4110 wrote:

This may sound stupid/strange, but i have my Revue plugged in and put off to the side just so i can still control everything with the keyboard as far as powering on/off my devices. The new Sony remote just sucks all together.......
Well the ergonomics are not at the same level as Logitech, and the side volume and page up are a PITA. I am going to try and see if my mini logitech controller will work.
I do like the idea of the flip over, problem is when I am in my recliner the "UP" face is at about a 30 -40 degree angle so it was getting confused. Also the Logitech mini has a rechargeable battery so there are no battery life issues.
AlanF51
Android 1.0

Post by AlanF51 »

by changing the HDMI cables and disabling HDMI control for the GS7 this has been solved