Issue with HDMI Pass-Through

GTVTester
Android 1.0

Issue with HDMI Pass-Through

Post by GTVTester »

Hi,

I have a Sony Google TV box, the NSZ-GS7, I have a Topfield PVR & a Samsung TV. I have the PVR plugged into the HDMI in on the NSZ-GS7 & the NSZ-GS7 HDMI out plugged into the TV. I have set the remote up to work with the PVR & the TV, all that is working fine.

The PVR HDMI pass-through works fine until I turn the TV & the PVR off when I go to bed at night, when I wake up in the morning to turn the TV & PVR on without turning the NSZ-GS7 on it wont pass-through (I do have the box set up to quick start up so the pass-through should work). If I turn the NSZ-GS7 on I have full access to everything on the box, but the PVR still wont pass-through. The only way I can get it to work again is to unplug the power from the back of the NSZ-GS7 & do a re-power up.

I have tried a new HDMI cable from the PVR, I have done a factory reset from the settings menu on the NSZ-GS7. Doing the reset let it work the next morning without doing a re-power up, but that night when I got home from work it wouldn't pass-through again, I had to pull the power out as re-power the box up again.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thanks for your help
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Issue with HDMI Pass-Through

Post by cj_000 »

Well, to start - at least the Gen 1 Sony box would only pass thru when it was on.

However, you can try going into the Settings -> Unit Settings menu, there is a HDMI input mode, it's suggested to change this to the other setting if you have having issues with the HDMI input. Not sure if this will fix your problem, but it is worth a try!
GTVTester
Android 1.0

Post by GTVTester »

Thanks for your reply @cj_000 I had also tried your suggestion with no success.

The box I have is only two weeks old, I would suggest that it's the new version. Once I have reset the box, I can the turn it off and the PVR will still pass-through, so this would also point to it not being the Gen 1 box.

Any other suggestion or help for this problem that anyone can suggest? I'm starting to rip my hair out now.
dgnessin
Android 1.0

Post by dgnessin »

I am having the same problem. I tohought the HDMI input was defective so I returned the first one I bought. I set up the new one and it worked fine the first night. By the way with the power off on the unit the TV still worked. This morning however when I turned on the TV with out the unit on I could not get picture. Just sound.
10i
Android 1.0

Post by 10i »

Same problem here.
Is there a solution yet?

10i.
cray
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by cray »

I have the same issue.
My setup (hdmi for all):
Cable box (Humax) to NSZ-GS7 to Yamaha YSP2200 amp to Sony TV.
Been reading up and I too have to at times, power off the GTV and cable box to 'reset' the system. Then it all works again. Seems that the issue is possibly to do with the HDMI handshake. I had an older cable box and that didnt even work at all. The Humax cable box I am using now is better but that HDMI handshake issue still rears its ugly head once a while.
The handshake is done when the units are powering up.
So I managed to reduce this handshake by keeping units powered up...The TV is shut off but kept on standby, the Yamaha is the same. I do shut down the GTV but I leave the cable box running. It auto shuts itself off after some time. This seems to keep the handshake and when I start up, it works...but not all the time.
Not sure how else to fix it.
I have also tried getting all the hdmi cables I use the same. All are HDMI 1.4 1.5m cables so I do not think the issue is related to the type of cables.