NSZ-GS7 root

wizziwig
Android 1.0

Re: NSZ-GS7 root

Post by wizziwig »

I posted a system dump of my Vizio box in the Vizio forum. Hopefully it will help you guys determine if it can be rooted similar to the Sony.

While on this topic, will it ever be possible to remove Android entirely from one of these GTV boxes and replace with a full Linux distro like Ubuntu? I really hate Android and especially Java. Waiting to port some of my C/C++ code to run on the Vizio.
mario6806
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by mario6806 »

I just got one of this boxes here in Australia nsz-gs7/gx70 firware version 3.2, build number REL03_NSZGS7_EC2_1104_4384and so many more numbers.
Can anyone tell me if this box be rooted so we can watch Netflix and Hulu here in Australia? or we still need to wait as suggested at the beginning of this thread???? thanks guys
DOMin8or
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by DOMin8or »

i got mine gs7 one week ago. so far, so good. :-)
now we/i need root.^^
what 4?
- titanium backup
- usb dvb-t tuner driver (and a enigma2 like app)
- usb dvbs2 tuner driver (and a enigma2 like app)
- cardsharing (server+clients)
- new apps with infos overlayed. (4 example 2 line rss reader, like N24 / NTV)
- "push message display" configuration tool (charset, shadow, color, transparenz, size, duration, scroll speed)
- market fix
- NTFS
- accellerometer enabler for all apps. (the accelerometer test tool will not start.)
- touchpad activation option, if the touchpad is at backside.(this works, its only on not usable option)
- maybe a fix for not running apps. and there are a looooot of not working apps.
- removing bloatware and not used services/daemons
- kernel and fw updates / patches / enhancements
- open gl update. (preinstalled fw is android 3.2)
- open gl resolution limiter to smartphone resolution..., with fullscreen hardware scaler.
an3dbench XL runs @1856x1044 pixels with 7-24 frames/sec
IMHO racing games @800x480 would be akzeptable and maybe this could bring full 50 frame speed.
- ram optimizations, because IR Blaster daemon crashes some times. (it forces to restart daemon continous)
(or a IR Blaster update)
- Ir-Blaster dosn`t know my SONY BDV-E980W Soundsystem/BR Player.
(thats an hot actual device. *sony shame on you!!*)
- fix for the short blackscreen, if you switch back from Picture in Picture mode to fullscreen tv.
- PIP configurator tool with more options, than 2 different sizes... (different borders, free scalable,...)
- proxy server with live injection for faking ID`s (hulu etc)
- and many many more...

;-)
dirk
Blip
Android 1.0

Post by Blip »

DOMin8or wrote:i got mine gs7 one week ago. so far, so good. :-)
now we/i need root.^^
what 4?
- titanium backup
- usb dvb-t tuner driver (and a enigma2 like app)
- usb dvbs2 tuner driver (and a enigma2 like app)
- cardsharing (server+clients)
- new apps with infos overlayed. (4 example 2 line rss reader, like N24 / NTV)
- "push message display" configuration tool (charset, shadow, color, transparenz, size, duration, scroll speed)
- market fix
- NTFS
- accellerometer enabler for all apps. (the accelerometer test tool will not start.)
- touchpad activation option, if the touchpad is at backside.(this works, its only on not usable option)
- maybe a fix for not running apps. and there are a looooot of not working apps.
- removing bloatware and not used services/daemons
- kernel and fw updates / patches / enhancements
- open gl update. (preinstalled fw is android 3.2)
- open gl resolution limiter to smartphone resolution..., with fullscreen hardware scaler.
an3dbench XL runs @1856x1044 pixels with 7-24 frames/sec
IMHO racing games @800x480 would be akzeptable and maybe this could bring full 50 frame speed.
- ram optimizations, because IR Blaster daemon crashes some times. (it forces to restart daemon continous)
(or a IR Blaster update)
- Ir-Blaster dosn`t know my SONY BDV-E980W Soundsystem/BR Player.
(thats an hot actual device. *sony shame on you!!*)
- fix for the short blackscreen, if you switch back from Picture in Picture mode to fullscreen tv.
- PIP configurator tool with more options, than 2 different sizes... (different borders, free scalable,...)
- proxy server with live injection for faking ID`s (hulu etc)
- and many many more...

;-)
dirk
+1
Blip
Android 1.0

Post by Blip »

Is it safe to install the OTA REL03_NSZGS7_U2_1104_4384_20120724_URSC or will i lose the chance to root my box?
Should i wait?