OTA Update.zip for NSZ-GS7

hharte
Android 1.0

OTA Update.zip for NSZ-GS7

Post by hharte »

The OTA is rolling out for the new Sony NSZ-GS7.

In case anyone is interested, here is the download link, captured with Wireshark on my NSZ-GS7:

Code: Select all

[Google Link]/data/ota/sony_beetle/4eca714a6734.PKG_REL02_NSZGS7_U2_1004_836_3621_20120620_URSC.zip
-Howard

---
MagicAndroidApps.com - Home of Better Terminal Emulator Pro, now supporting Google TV.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: OTA Update.zip for NSZ-GS7

Post by cj_000 »

Thanks for sniffing it out! I've also noticed it going out on my box the other day.

Update is a bit interesting, the "scrambled.prop" in / to start, furthermore all of the files do appear "scrambled", with the exception of ota.prop / scrambled.prop / anitrollback.prop / system/build.prop and the updater-script.

Even the update-binary is "scrambled". Currently looking into it, but it's a bit of a pain (to say the least)

Furthermore, REL01 is on the box - I doubt we will find a link to it (factory?).
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Is there any way to hard reset this device, once it updated for me certain things won't work, TV & Movies app, and Google Music will not work anymore.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

Boot into recovery mode, and try doing a factory reset perhaps? Instructions are on the wiki here:

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_NSZ ... treamer%29
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

cj_000 wrote:Boot into recovery mode, and try doing a factory reset perhaps? Instructions are on the wiki here:

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_NSZ ... treamer%29
Thanks, i'm going to give it a shot :D :D
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
loosemoose
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by loosemoose »

I have been having issues with google music too. Did the factory reset resolve it?
killer4110
Contributor

Post by killer4110 »

loosemoose wrote:I have been having issues with google music too. Did the factory reset resolve it?
The issue with Google Music was on my end, it seems i had more than 10 devices registered. I went into the settings for Music from the web browser and deleted some old devices, and now it works.
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
loosemoose
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by loosemoose »

killer4110 wrote:
loosemoose wrote:I have been having issues with google music too. Did the factory reset resolve it?
The issue with Google Music was on my end, it seems i had more than 10 devices registered. I went into the settings for Music from the web browser and deleted some old devices, and now it works.
Turns out I had the same problem. I only found out when I went to use Google Music on my nexus 7 and it told me. Would of been nice if it told me on the GTV.
Blip
Android 1.0

Post by Blip »

cj_000 wrote:Update is a bit interesting, the "scrambled.prop" in / to start, furthermore all of the files do appear "scrambled", with the exception of ota.prop / scrambled.prop / anitrollback.prop / system/build.prop and the updater-script.
The scrambled.prop seems to be a special Sony "Feature". Has someone a clue how to decode the files?
nighthawknoir

Post by nighthawknoir »

Does anybody know the OTA link of the latest US firmware?

Here I can only find an older version:
http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_NSZ ... te_History

I want to switch from my european version to the US version:
REL03_NSZGS7_EC1_1104_5158_20120831_URSC_S67254

When trying to flash the latest version from the Wiki (REL03_NSZGS7_U2_1104_4384_20120724_URSC), I get the following error:

Code: Select all

package is too old.
E:Error in \cache/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.