REL11 US download Link

dexter
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

REL11 US download Link

Post by dexter »

here is the REL11 US download link
LabbyRoad
Android 1.0

Re: REL11 US download Link

Post by LabbyRoad »

dexter wrote:here is the REL11 US download link
Beware. REL11 includes the June 14 version of YouTube, which is pretty much unusable on the GS7 (in my experience at least). Once you install this update, you cannot revert back to previous YouTube versions.
dexter
Android 1.0

Post by dexter »

REL11 also fixes the use of the rooting method known with the signature security holes.

so for now, REL11 owners cannot use root (again).
retroben
Android 1.0

Post by retroben »

I have some great ideas,but I am not sure if any will ever work.

Maybe there is a way to "dig" into a copy of REL11 and find out "what makes it tick".
If you can find out how/if it is even possible,you could also modify the REL11 copy to make it execute a series of functions to get root access.
Or you could probably even inject the necessary app/data into the REL11 file itself.

For the people like me that already have REL11 installed,you would have to set it to a higher version for it to install over the original REL11.
Otherwise,you would need to literally make a "virus" that enables root access beyond the control of plugged security holes.
Maybe someone will discover another exploit eventually,maybe even on JellyBean.

Another idea involves the use of any kind of app.
The key is to find something similar in an app like the many Nintendo Wii exploits,but much more complex.
You would need this app to cause something like a code dump whenever it crashes.
The idea is to make a mod of this unique app that changes what happens when crashing,such as executing code or whatever else.

This is all I can think of.

Who knows,maybe one kind of flash will work on the JellyBean upgrade.

There is a majority of browsers that supposedly have flash support,and there is FireFox for Android with shumway.
A rather interesting one is Photon Flash Browser,its flash is free (unlike Puffin browser).