No boot after REL10 update via USB

seansykes
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

No boot after REL10 update via USB

Post by seansykes »

Hi Guys,
I've a major problem with my box not booting. My box has been working without issue for the past 3 days since having the Custom Recovery installed. All was working well until last night when it wouldn't complete the boot process. On reboot all I had was the spinning circle after the initial boot started and nothing else. I left it for a good hour came and it still hadn't moved on. I tried rebooting again after leaving the box to cool down and got the same results. I then downloaded the REL10 update hoping that this would cure the problem and proceeded to install the update via the recovery console. The box now only boot into recovery console and nothing else. I have bought a UART and attached it to check whats going on and the boot reports missing files. I can get to the # console via the UART and have looked into /system which now contains no files. I can still see files/directories on /. Can anybody offer any advice on how I may get this thing working again?. Its my own fault by trying to install the official firmware via the custom recovery which I guess was the wrong thing to do. There must be a way to get the files back on even if it has to be done manually. Maybe the updater-script form the REL10 package could be edited to allow the install to take place?
I'm grasping at straws here lol.

You live you learn!
gj13
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: No boot after REL10 update via USB

Post by gj13 »

Sounds like you're having the same problem I was. Try adding

Code: Select all

run_program("/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
to the updater script. Make sure to add it after the line that gives that script permission to execute

175 set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
seansykes
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Re: No boot after REL10 update via USB

Post by seansykes »

gj13 wrote:Sounds like you're having the same problem I was. Try adding

run_program("/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
to the updater script. Make sure to add it after the line that gives that script permission to execute

175 set_perm(0, 0, 0544, "/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");

Thanks for the reply gj13 but that didn't work. I still only have custom recovery.