4.2.2 Jellybean?

Razor1973
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

4.2.2 Jellybean?

Post by Razor1973 »

Even though I am always rooting and flashing my Android phones and following the community, I've never tinkered with my Google TV (Streamer). However, after reading in several of my blogs that Google was releasing an upgrade to 4.2.2 Jellybean for Google TV within the next 3 months, I was certain I'd find it here.

So I came, learned how to get into recovery mode and flash a ROM and then saw several people ask for what was called US REL 08. I was sure that's what it was, so I downloaded and successfully flashed it, only to discovered this was still 3.2 Honeycomb.

Has Jellybean been released at all?

What's even more disconcerting is that I searched for Jellybean and no thread came up. Not one. Huh???

EDIT: I just found Google's official announcement and it's not exactly what I had understood from my blogs. First, they are only releasing it to manufacturers (I had read it was going to be OTA). Second, they will start releasing it in the following months (I read it was already being released and it was going to take about 3 months until all devices received it). Oh well.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: 4.2.2 Jellybean?

Post by Jarhead »

Within the next 3 months huh??
Does anyone actually read anything anymore?
Chrome will be updated within 3 months.
JB will ALLOW manufacturers to release updates within a few weeks INSTEAD of a few months.
They never said JB would be released in a few months and when it is released, we still have months to wait for the OEM's to release it. After JB, updates will be faster, not the initial JB update.
We'll be lucky to see it from any manufacturer by the end of the year.
Better off waiting for a device to be released with it.
Razor1973
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Re: 4.2.2 Jellybean?

Post by Razor1973 »

Jarhead wrote:Within the next 3 months huh??
Does anyone actually read anything anymore?
Do you have any idea which blogs I'm referring to to make such assumption? Way to welcome someone to these forums!