streaming after turned off?? what the??

lowlidx50
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

streaming after turned off?? what the??

Post by lowlidx50 »

So I hit the power button to turn off my sony nsz gs7 . The dialog box said "shutting down" then the light goes out on the box and my screen goes black. Now I had loaded a police scanner app a couple weeks back and kinda forgot about it. And before I changed my tv tuner away from my HDMI selection the scanner broadcast over the speakers. So I left the tv tuned to the HDMI port and listend for a while thinking maybe there was a delay or residual power holding the app and device on.Not so I listen for 15 minutes or so then switched away to the tv tunner and watched about 30 minutes from my rabbit ears. I then turn back to HDMI and menu now the screen shows up just as if the device is powered up ,but the light on the box is off.
Not a big deal maybe, maybe not because this is using my routers bandwidth even after I think I have turned the unit off.
Has anyone noticed this happening to them?
lowlidx50
Android 1.0

Re: streaming after turned off?? what the??

Post by lowlidx50 »

I tried this again with the same results.Thinking it is the scanner app I uninstalled it .I turn off the unit "shutting down" dialog box appears on screen ,then the light on the box goes out ,tv screen goes black. Switch away from HDMI and then back and the unit appears to be on without the light on the box being lit. Very Strange to me.
tecnotronico
Android 1.0

Re: streaming after turned off?? what the??

Post by tecnotronico »

Please note that in the GTV configuration there is an option for Quick Start which will keep alive your GTV even when it is turned off. When this option is "on" you will note that the GTV is hot instead of cold when it is turned off. The best way to fix it is just change the option to have the full starting process instead of the quick one.