phlunkie
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: I NEED ROOT

Post by phlunkie »

I wish the gs7 would get some love.
dexter
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Post by dexter »

LabbyRoad wrote:Seems like the ASUS Cube is getting all the love right now.
initially yes, but it seems to rumour instability issues, so maybe its a fun unprotected box (see OTA releases, those are not encrypted at all).
but it seems to offer some problems to consumers and that can easily scare people away.

personally i like Sony's approach here :)
Belasco347
Android 1.0

Post by Belasco347 »

It's easy to take getting root for granted. That'a what's so frustrating about modding this box - the usual yools are unavaulable or crippled. We can only trudge along until the mysterious "conditions" are met, or independent efforts succeed.
dexter
Android 1.0

Post by dexter »

Belasco347 wrote:It's easy to take getting root for granted. That'a what's so frustrating about modding this box - the usual yools are unavaulable or crippled. We can only trudge along until the mysterious "conditions" are met, or independent efforts succeed.
i think its the binaries as well.

this one is more "linux" than regular true android installation.

the linker is not used with the binaries here, but they got a bunch of linux libraries like a regular linux install here, so the root binaries we know off for other platforms needs recompiling to run on this platform and then the question is if we need android hacks which are already closed in kernel, or we need regular linux exploits because they suddenly started using linux dist's to run their frontend :)