I NEED ROOT

justblaze
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

I NEED ROOT

Post by justblaze »

I need root for my NSZ-GS7! Or some way to access all these pay channels :D thank you
britbloke
Android 1.0

Re: I NEED ROOT

Post by britbloke »

jmprnbr1
Android 1.0

Post by jmprnbr1 »

Does anyone know of an update on root. Its been awhile. Thanks
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by jbloggs »

They may be waiting for the next round of official GTV OS updates before they release root info so that they don't block whatever hole they have found.
alsolh
Android 1.0

Post by alsolh »

I bought this device because i saw a youtube video that shows it has root, i wish i had read the description of the video that it is still under development. I would have bought the netgear STB if i knew that it couldn't be rooted for now :(
twospirits
Android 1.0

Post by twospirits »

Well to be honest, I researched the numerous devices and decided on the Sony one. Once I got it, I then found the sites video and realized that hacking the device would bring out the best it can offer. Granted, there are other devices that can be hacked right now but between remote, usability etc, the Sony one seems to be the best one for my needs. As for hacking it, nothing can be done until Sony releases their latest update and from what I've read about other devices that have received the latest update they are having plenty of issues. Which would explain why Sony took off the notification of the upcoming update from their blogs/website. I rather have Sony release the update without any issues than getting it sooner with issues. Once that is done, they guys here will release their hack and I can truly experience GTV on a higher enjoyable playing field.

TS
phlunkie
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by phlunkie »

Any update? Will we see root? please and thank you
Belasco347
Android 1.0

Post by Belasco347 »

Root would be nice. Root woulld be wonderful. In the meantime, how about tips & tricks? Modified apks (Open Launcher with a transparent dock!) Upload to the share folder.

FREE THE ROOT!
dexter
Android 1.0

Post by dexter »

hi, just ordered my tv boxset awaiting its arrival.
I might be adding some spare time to this device, to find some ways to get more out of the box.

so if the root method is not public yet, at least i will take a look into this when its received in a weeks time i think.
LabbyRoad
Android 1.0

Post by LabbyRoad »

Seems like the ASUS Cube is getting all the love right now.