No picture problem

daishogun
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

No picture problem

Post by daishogun »

Hi,
I recently bought the NSZ-GS7, and it's been working great, but today it decided to stop giving picture out. It shows the intial Sony logo during boot, then my TV stops getting a signal from it. Resolution isn't the issue (I think), because my TV supports 1080p and lower. I've tried booting into recovery, but I still don't get any picture past Sony logo, and I tried resetting it 'blind', but even after leaving it for an hour before turning it off, I still have the picture issue. I'd prefer not to have to send it in for repairs, so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.
tholmewood
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: No picture problem

Post by tholmewood »

My NSZ-GS7 was like this straight out of the box - had to send it back. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue. Have you checked the Sony Forums?
LabbyRoad
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Re: No picture problem

Post by LabbyRoad »

I'm wondering if this could have something to do with how other video sources are hooked up? I have a Cisco PVR/Cable STB hooked up to the HDMI in port on the GS7 and I've noticed that if I hard reset the GS7 (disconnect and re-connect power) that I get nothing but a blue screen until I also reset the Cisco box. Audio comes through, but no picture.