Sony NSZ-GS7 Setup reboots to black screen

Pocketneo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Sony NSZ-GS7 Setup reboots to black screen

Post by Pocketneo »

Hi. I recently purchased the Sony Google TV model NSZ-GS7, and have a blank page after setup reboot (I see Sony logo0 that I cannot figure out.

After adding batteries to the remote, and plugging in the power cord and HDMI to my LCD TV, the unit stepped me through the setup via a wizard which included language, the wireless internet (no issue here), and some personal setups (my gmail account) and 3rd party electronics (receiver, etc which i indicated none for simple setup), and lastly the Quick Startup or not (I chose not).

After reboot from the setup, I see the Sony logo, and then my TV seems to not have any signal from the unit. Just the blank screen I refer to above.

I found an article on this site, and I was able to get into the BIOS menu (remove power cord, hold down the Connect button under the unit, plug the power cord in, and release Connect button after 5 seconds). I was able to do a factory reset, and I thought this would solve the problem, but it remains the same.

I was wondering if there was another hardware reset, or a way to get the firmware re-installed on the unit so I can start fresh. I don't know if I have a lemon or not...but it sure seems like it.

Thanks.
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: Sony NSZ-GS7 Setup reboots to black screen

Post by cj_000 »

Do you have another TV you can try (ideally, one that isn't the same make or model?). Just trying to rule out a resolution mismatch between the box and your tv, as the video mode is usually 480p/720p until after the logos, then it kicks up to 1080i/p.
Pocketneo
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Sony NSZ-GS7 (v2 streamer)

Re: Sony NSZ-GS7 Setup reboots to black screen

Post by Pocketneo »

Small update.
I returned the unit and got a replacement which had a sticker on the unit (the former one did not) and booted up differently (as far as i could tell). The new one worked perfectly.
Though i have noticed instances of it not shutting down...kind of gets stuck, and requires me to do the ctrl+shift+delete on the keyboard.
Thanks for the reply.