NTFS support on Sony GTV

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
TheGreatDahliLlama
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

NTFS support on Sony GTV

Post by TheGreatDahliLlama »

If someone would be kind enough to pull the files necessary to enable NTFS support from their Logitech Revue and PM me a link to said files, I will create a torrent so that everyone can enjoy NTFS support. Here is a list of the necessary files:

Get these files from a Logitech Revue:

/usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g
/usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g.probe
/usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.a
/usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so
/usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so.38.0.0
/usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.la
/usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so.38
/system/bin/vold
juanbosco
Android 1.0

Re: NTFS support on Sony GTV

Post by juanbosco »

I am also interested in adding NTFS Support to my Sony NTZ-GT1; but I would like to now... If someone pull this files from their Revue, do we only have to copy them to the NTZ-GT1?
alch3mist
Android 1.0

Post by alch3mist »

3 here

^Yea I believe thats all you have to do to enable NFTS
Sony GTV Tutorials and How To's
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCxALBRECHT/videos
rebu2007
Android 1.0

Post by rebu2007 »

Maybe someone would answer if you post your request in the Revue section. I wouldn't hurt to try.
TheGreatDahliLlama
Android 1.0

Done. Let's hope someone is kind enough to help us out.
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

A number of people requested it, so I've added it to the wiki.

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_NTFS

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
tolchuk
Android 1.0

Post by tolchuk »

*Note* I know next to nothing about what these commands mean so follow these instructions at your own risk. I just want to get this working and don't want to ask for help again since Zenofex was nice enough to provide the files and instructions.

Okay, now that we have the files, lets get this thing working. I followed the wiki, but ran into a couple of problems. First I could not get the following commands to work:

Create symlinks
sudo adb shell ln -s /usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so.38.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so
sudo adb shell ln -s /usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so.38.0.0 /usr/local/lib/libntfs-3g.so.38

I removed the "sudo" part and it seemed to work fine.

I was unable to grab etc/vold.conf because the file was not found. However, I was able to grab etc/vold.fstab (which I think is the new vold name for 3.2).

The wiki says:

Pull /etc/vold.conf, alter the media_mount line to look like this (if someone wants to fix it, go ahead, with the original line it mounts too much) media_mount usb /mnt/media/usb 5 /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:0d.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.1

I was confused at first because that line already exists, but what I did was to delete everything after that line, which is:

"/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:0d.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.1 /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:0d.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.2 /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.0/0000:01:0d.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.3"

Unfortunately, deleting those lines seem to disable the usb ports on the back.

After doing all of that my NTFS external hard drive mounts and syncs and the files show up, but still can't access any of the content (photos don't show up and .avi files won't play).

If anyone has any luck getting further or advice for me I'd appreciate your feedback.

TheGreatDahliLlama
Android 1.0

Thanks for the files, Zenofex. I've created a torrent containing these NTFS files and other root-related files. It can be found at:

https://www.demonoid.me/files/details/2897850/

Edit:
I was able to to get NTFS working, everything loads fine. The only issue I have is that I lost the use of the 3 USB ports in the back of my box.
tolchuk
Android 1.0

Post by tolchuk »

Hi TheGreatDahliLlama,

Glad to hear you got it working. Did you run in to any of the problems I posted above? I'll have to try another hard drive to see if it might be a compatibility issue, or if I messed something up (although I've now triple checked the process). Mine is a 500gb hard drive, not sure if that would make a difference. Thanks for updating your progress.

Edit: My other external hard drive works fine (320gb). I know there are sometimes compatibility issues, so I guess that's it. I'm not going to complain.
pixeldrew
Android 1.0

Post by pixeldrew »

Seems that the files from the revue have gone missing.

Any chance someone can get them up again? Really could use them now. I'd be happy to host them on a dropbox or gdrive URL for future prosperity.

Cheers.