Superuser.apk for X86 GoogleTV

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Superuser.apk for X86 GoogleTV

Post by zenofex »

Hey everyone, a user came on IRC last night and offered a cash bounty to compile Superuser.apk for the google TV. So with that in mind (and the fact that I'm broke and jobless), I spent the better part of the evening compiling the binary from source. So without further ado:

Steps to install the x86 Superuser.apk and su binary on the unsigned Sony kernel!
http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/I%27ve_r ... eruser.apk

Thanks to: Chainsdd (Superuser source), Geko45 (Offered bounty), and [mbm] (Spiritual Guidance)

-Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: Superuser.apk for X86 GoogleTV

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

zenofex wrote:Hey everyone, a user came on IRC last night and offered a cash bounty to compile Superuser.apk for the google TV. So with that in mind (and the fact that I'm broke and jobless), I spent the better part of the evening compiling the binary from source. So without further ado:

Steps to install the x86 Superuser.apk and su binary on the unsigned Sony kernel!

Thanks to: Chainsdd (Superuser source), Geko45 (Offered bounty), and [mbm] (Spiritual Guidance)

-Zenofex
does this work; can anyone confirm?

is the first string pointing from the computer location or is that the second string?

adb push system/app/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote:
zenofex wrote:Hey everyone, a user came on IRC last night and offered a cash bounty to compile Superuser.apk for the google TV. So with that in mind (and the fact that I'm broke and jobless), I spent the better part of the evening compiling the binary from source. So without further ado:

-Zenofex

is the first string pointing from the computer location or is that the second string?

The syntax is as follows:

adb push localfile remotefile

Thanks,
Zenofex
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

zenofex wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote:

-Zenofex

Thanks,
Zenofex
so its adb push from computer to google tv?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote:
zenofex wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote: does this work; can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Zenofex
so its adb push from computer to google tv?
Yeah, until we release our next version of the current unsigned kernel which would have it pre-installed.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Geko45
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by Geko45 »

Yes! :D

How would you like to collect the bounty? Paypal (I have an coount already), BitCoin (will have to make one) or something else?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

Geko45 wrote:Yes! :D

How would you like to collect the bounty? Paypal (I have an coount already), BitCoin (will have to make one) or something else?
Heh, I always prefer Bitcoin but making a bitcoin deposit is a bit tedious. If you are interested in it regardless the steps are:

1.)Sign up for an account on mtgox.com (a bitcoin exchange market).
2.)Make a cash deposit at particular local bank branches (listed on their deposits page and submitting them a email with a picture of the receipt.
3.)Use the newly deposit money into the exchange to purchase bitcoins (time from email -> deposit is generally about 15-30 minutes).
4.)Withdraw bitcoins to my bitcoin address.

Buying Bitcoins with paypal (although it can be found, is rare) and is never a good mix as bitcoin is a currency that doesn't account for chargebacks and paypal is notorious for siding with the "buyer". I however wont let my disliking for paypal interfere, if you would prefer to deal not with any of the Bitcoin nonsense.

Thanks,
Zenofex
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

Bounty paid in full! Well done my friend!

:D
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

so would this read the following if i had the apk on the root of my C

adb push C:\system/app/Superuser.apk?

my guess is that would be incorrect do to the forward and back slashes; any help?
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote:so would this read the following if i had the apk on the root of my C

adb push C:\system/app/Superuser.apk?

my guess is that would be incorrect do to the forward and back slashes; any help?
No, no, no... The first parameter is the location of the .apk on your PC. The second paramter is where you want (need) to put it on your device. So, in your case:

adb push C:\Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk

And if you had the su binary in the same dir (you need both the Superuser.apk AND the su binary):

adb push C:\su /system/bin/su

And then change the permissions on the su binary with:

adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su

Then reboot the tablet with the command:

adb shell reboot