NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
jakoh
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by jakoh » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm

bigshotproducer wrote: Edit: I just installed 2012012601, i will remake usb stick and retry.

So you after the update you were able to flash back to the older build and root from there? :)[/quote]

After the root (that didnt work because chrome kept crashing) i was able to flash back to 2012012601. I will root again from there.

lschroeder
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by lschroeder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:49 am

Geko45 wrote:I'm gonna get after it this weekend and start adding to the list of known working apps. One more off the top of my head is the MapQuest app.

Thanks for your assistance in getting SU going. Thanks to all who contributed to rooting and SU.

Where are you going to list the known working apps now that we have it rooted and SU working. It would be handy for all of us to add known apps that require rooting/SU.

lschroeder
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by lschroeder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 am

Geko45 wrote:Yeah, it's handy to have another android device that you can download from the market with and then extract and send the apk to your drop box. That is what I do.

I tried the android VNC server and while having su let it get farther than before, the server still won't start. My guess is that it needs the NDK to talk to the hardware. On a bright note, I did get an aviation app called Avilution Aviation Map to load and run which gives me access to aviation charts on a 40 inch screen. Not helpful for the rest of y'all, but for this pilot that is a HUGE win.

:D
I use Enable Non-Market Apps on Sony GTV to fix the side loading with rooted devices.

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Enable_N ... n_Sony_GTV

I also use another android device to download, copy to a flash drive, insert flash drive into Google TV, and then with this fix install directly from the flash drive.

alch3mist
Android 1.0

Post by alch3mist » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 am

just got my NSZ-GT1 installed, waiting on other one to ship in. Time to play!

Really recommend the Win32Imager program...makes it a lot more simple
Sony GTV Tutorials and How To's
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCxALBRECHT/videos

arex
Android 1.0

Post by arex » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:40 pm

I ran the exploit a couple of days after it was released using the command prompt and a single USB stick. Thankfully, everything went off without a hitch (I did not get some of the error messages the directions indicated I would, however). Thank you to all the devs who put this together!

Since the GT1 was acting primarily as a blu-ray player on a TV with no cable/OTA, and I canceled my Netflix streaming to protest the price hike, the ability to run Hulu has increased the usefulness of the TV/GT1 tenfold!

avoidtheboyd
Android 1.0

Post by avoidtheboyd » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 pm

avoidtheboyd wrote:Everything works except FOX and ABC TV shows. FOX is saying it needs a newer version of flash. ABC is playing, I hear sound, but the player is covered by a black box. I tried different user agents and no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

And thanks for the hack!!

As an update, I still can't get Fox working after many hours of trying and sideloading, etc. ABC will work if you can guess where the fullscreen button is hiding under the black box.

gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gottahavit » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:30 pm

Zenofex,

So Reading the boot logic for this exploit, and the fact that we are booting an unsecure kernel using kexec, what are the odds we can get this process to boot windows either off another partition or off a usb drive?

I know we'd have to fight the driver issue, but this could be cool. I'm willing to try if you have any idea how I should start. I'm just starting to read up on kexec.

jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:19 am

jakoh wrote:
bigshotproducer wrote: Edit: I just installed 2012012601, i will remake usb stick and retry.

So you after the update you were able to flash back to the older build and root from there? :)

After the root (that didnt work because chrome kept crashing) i was able to flash back to 2012012601. I will root again from there.
so i redid the mod, everything is gravy again. now when can we expect a dvr app that uses an external hard drive so Tivo can sue us for patent infringement? i dont have agoogle tv development sdk. how would one get a handle on the feed without documentation.

gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gottahavit » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:20 pm

By no means do I mean to deter you from trying, because I'd live to see this happen, but I am pretty sure that the HDMI feed never actually is accessible by the OS. If there is any Its probably in the HDMI driver and I'd bet the stream is encrypted with HDCP. Personally I'd start with the GTV source code and look for HDMI code.

BUT GOOD LUCK!.

RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

Post by RawisTheGameHhH » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:06 pm

maybe some how we can get it to talk to the DirecTV receivers like it integrates with Dish?

Login  •  Register