NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by bigshotproducer »

Hmmm...I'll have to try 3.6.8. Thanks!!
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

can we download anything from the app store or just apk's from the dropbox account?
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by replaytv5000 »

apps need to have gtv flag for our app market... or should I say 'google play' now :\ to recognize them as compat apps. sideload or dropbox... even then it's hit or miss as to whether they will work properly
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

replaytv5000 wrote:apps need to have gtv flag for our app market... or should I say 'google play' now :\ to recognize them as compat apps. sideload or dropbox... even then it's hit or miss as to whether they will work properly
thats what i figured; bummer
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

Yeah, it's handy to have another android device that you can download from the market with and then extract and send the apk to your drop box. That is what I do.

I tried the android VNC server and while having su let it get farther than before, the server still won't start. My guess is that it needs the NDK to talk to the hardware. On a bright note, I did get an aviation app called Avilution Aviation Map to load and run which gives me access to aviation charts on a 40 inch screen. Not helpful for the rest of y'all, but for this pilot that is a HUGE win.

:D
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

I'm gonna get after it this weekend and start adding to the list of known working apps. One more off the top of my head is the MapQuest app.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

replaytv5000 wrote:Have tried several different root explorer type file mgrs, and while they say they are acquiring root I cannot mod folders there... anyone have an idea on this one? I can still adb, but... :\ any1 else seeing this?

Antek file mgr actually says "Don't have enough permission to do that action" lol
something made me think RW meant permissable writes under all subfolders... but nope. Its still a permissions thing per folder, duh. Been awhile since I've needed to do anything in root...

Fyi
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

bigshotproducer wrote: Edit: I just installed 2012012601, i will remake usb stick and retry.

So you after the update you were able to flash back to the older build and root from there? :)[/quote]

After the root (that didnt work because chrome kept crashing) i was able to flash back to 2012012601. I will root again from there.
lschroeder
Android 1.0

Post by lschroeder »

Geko45 wrote:I'm gonna get after it this weekend and start adding to the list of known working apps. One more off the top of my head is the MapQuest app.

Thanks for your assistance in getting SU going. Thanks to all who contributed to rooting and SU.

Where are you going to list the known working apps now that we have it rooted and SU working. It would be handy for all of us to add known apps that require rooting/SU.
lschroeder
Android 1.0

Post by lschroeder »

Geko45 wrote:Yeah, it's handy to have another android device that you can download from the market with and then extract and send the apk to your drop box. That is what I do.

I tried the android VNC server and while having su let it get farther than before, the server still won't start. My guess is that it needs the NDK to talk to the hardware. On a bright note, I did get an aviation app called Avilution Aviation Map to load and run which gives me access to aviation charts on a 40 inch screen. Not helpful for the rest of y'all, but for this pilot that is a HUGE win.

:D
I use Enable Non-Market Apps on Sony GTV to fix the side loading with rooted devices.

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Enable_N ... n_Sony_GTV

I also use another android device to download, copy to a flash drive, insert flash drive into Google TV, and then with this fix install directly from the flash drive.