NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
hmossGTV
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by hmossGTV »

i am having the same problem with abc and fox. abc shows a black box but i can hear sounds. fox says upgrade flash. does anyone have a suggestion? i already change from generic on settings and reboot.

thanks for the hack!
alch3mist
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by alch3mist »

@ crisjm
can you get into recovery mode?
Sony GTV Tutorials and How To's
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCxALBRECHT/videos
TheGreatDahliLlama
Android 1.0

Post by TheGreatDahliLlama »

@ crisjm

Try putting package_list_DMA-1_ASURA_2012012601_AAV_ORSC.714d1fc2.zip on a USB stick and having it plugged in when you start the TV. If the OS boots up and detects an update on USB it will reboot into recovery and prompt you to install the update.
crisjm
Android 1.0

Post by crisjm »

TheGreatDahliLlama wrote:@ crisjm

Try putting package_list_DMA-1_ASURA_2012012601_AAV_ORSC.714d1fc2.zip on a USB stick and having it plugged in when you start the TV. If the OS boots up and detects an update on USB it will reboot into recovery and prompt you to install the update.
I am unable to boot into recovery mode. I will try your suggestion though. Where would I obtain the above firmware file?
TheGreatDahliLlama
Android 1.0

Post by TheGreatDahliLlama »

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_Upd ... load_Links

You want the exploitable 3.2 update for Asura. Make sure to delete the 714d1fc25bef. part before package_list
crisjm
Android 1.0

Post by crisjm »

TheGreatDahliLlama wrote:http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_Upd ... load_Links

You want the exploitable 3.2 update for Asura. Make sure to delete the 714d1fc25bef. part before package_list
Thanks. However, powering on with the usb stick inserted only lights the Sony logo and green led, but nothing else. Also tried connecting to the wall socket while holding the power button. Same result. Also tried leaving the tv disconnected from power for several minutes and then doing the above, same result.

So would I be correct to assume its time to find the nearest sony service center?
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

To all the users with bricked boxes, I am offering a repair service (Free of charge, other than shipping both ways) which involves flashing the NAND to repair bricked boxes. If you think your box is bricked, visit the IRC channel, or shoot me an email at Zenofex at GTVHacker.com so we can verify that there are no other options on the table and so that we can see if there is anything we can do to help prevent the cause of the brick for other users. The general cost of shipping a Blu-ray player to me using USPS flat rate shipping has been around $12 each way. Obviously shipping a TV, is a bit more delicate and costly than shipping the Blu-ray player so if you have a bricked television the cost of delivery each way is significantly higher. If choosing to ship a method different than USPS you have the option of including a return shipping label in the box which is my preferred shipping/return method.

By utilizing my services you realize that I am only attempting a repair and I cannot guarantee that in every case I am able to fix the box. So far I've had a 100% success rate on repairing bricked boxes due to the rooting procedure but that does not guarantee that the box you ship will not be my first un-repairable. You are also acknowledging that I will be voiding your warranty by opening your box for repairs, although installing our root has more than likely already voided your warranty.

Freenode Web IRC chat for support:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick ... ker&uio=d4

Please make sure to change your chat nickname by using the following command after entering.

/nick newnicknamehere

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

crisjm wrote:
TheGreatDahliLlama wrote:http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Sony_Upd ... load_Links

Thanks. However, powering on with the usb stick inserted only lights the Sony logo and green led, but nothing else. Also tried connecting to the wall socket while holding the power button. Same result. Also tried leaving the tv disconnected from power for several minutes and then doing the above, same result.

So would I be correct to assume its time to find the nearest sony service center?
ya, and hopefully they dont put on the 20120222.
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

I have documented my problem here in one thread please take a look.
http://forum.gtvhacker.com/nsz-gt1/topic657.html
Speedoguy
Android 1.0

Post by Speedoguy »

well, its official, my gtv got updated before I could do the exploit =( this is a major bummer, a website I use to watch mma fights blocks gtv, this exploit could have changed that =( hope someone finds another work around