NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

22350 wrote:I selected custom and typed in that huge user agent. still nothing. Will try mozilla
you have to reboot after entering a custom useragent; i know that much!
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0

Post by bigshotproducer »

Ahem....just so everyone knows @chainsDD now has a NSZ-GT1. Just got the tweet a few moments ago! Cheers!!
Android 1.0

Post by 22350 »

RawisTheGameHhH wrote:
22350 wrote:I selected custom and typed in that huge user agent. still nothing. Will try mozilla
Yeah, I rebooted and neither the long user agent or mozilla/5.0 will make hulu work on my un-hacked box.

You are saying that you are viewing hulu on a unrooted unit? did you install anything else to do that?
RawisTheGameHhH
Android 1.0

Post by RawisTheGameHhH »

22350 wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote:
Yeah, I rebooted and neither the long user agent or mozilla/5.0 will make hulu work on my un-hacked box.

You are saying that you are viewing hulu on a unrooted unit? did you install anything else to do that?
it only works on a rooted box
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

22350 wrote:
RawisTheGameHhH wrote:

Ah, since this is the rooting thread, I assumed you were rooted. Root is required for Hulu because that site actually checks your version of Flash Player and not just the useragent. The rooted software has a special build of Flash that tricks Hulu.
Android 1.0

Post by 22350 »

Ah, since this is the rooting thread, I assumed you were rooted. Root is required for Hulu because that site actually checks your version of Flash Player and not just the useragent. The rooted software has a special build of Flash that tricks Hulu.[/quote]

Yea, I got upgraded 30 seconds after I plugged in my tv for the first time.
sst45jeff
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by sst45jeff »

ws76 wrote:Which brand of USB sticks works, I've tried Sandisk, Lexar, and two generics. I don't think the update has installed on my system yet. It reads 3.2_2012012601.
I used these types of USB sticks that I had laying around :
PNY 1 gig
Sandisk cruzer 4 gig
Fusion Plus 8 gig
& the last one from my kids backpack for school & I don't remember the name on it.

I had trouble with the hole dd command thing also telling me that everything was written correct but all the TV would do is error when I tried to load the files.

I found the following processes of writing the files way easier.

Download Win32DiskImager and then extract the ZIP file.
Run Win32DiskImage.exe by clicking on it in the folder where it was extracted to.

From the Win32DiskImage screen click the folder icon to select the USB1.img file that you downloaded.
Next click the Device drop-down and select the drive letter where the Flash Drive is mounted.
Click the Write button. The software will erase the Flash Drive and replace its contents with the USB1.img. Once it has completed, you can click Exit.

Remove the Flash Drive from your computer. The Flash Drive is now a format that windows cannot read.
Repeat process for USB2.img, USB3.img, and USB4.img.
Geko45
Android 1.0

Post by Geko45 »

bigshotproducer wrote:Ahem....just so everyone knows @chainsDD now has a NSZ-GT1. Just got the tweet a few moments ago! Cheers!!
Excellent! I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with a VNC Server running on my 40" GTV. At a minimum, I should be able to use it as a touch interface for apps on the TV using my Kindle Fire and perhaps even (a long shot) watch live TV remotely (probably won't be fast enough if it even displays anything other than a black box).
Last edited by Geko45 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Android 1.0

Post by 22350 »

22350 wrote:
Yea, I got upgraded 30 seconds after I plugged in my tv for the first time.
You know what really sucks? I was considering re-buying the tv on targets web site and then returning this unit.

They are out of stock online and completely out of stock at every store in southern california.

I think that i literally got the last one in los angeles.

Is it true that it took almost a year for them to figure out that root exploit? If that is true, we probably shouldnt be expecting another any time soon.....
crisjm
Android 1.0

Post by crisjm »

** HELP! POSSIBLY BRICKED MY NSX32-GT1** :(

When the prompt for the OTA update came yesterday, I selected "update later", and switched off the tv. I removed the lan cable before doing the root hack today. I followed the guide to the letter. The tv was returning an upgrade error after inserting the second USB thumb drive. I have tried a few times using a couple of different brands of usb thumb drives but it always returned the same error after several seconds. Upon shutting down and powering up the tv again, the sony logo and the red led lights up, but nothing else. After several minutes the red led begins to blink. I am unable to boot into recovery any longer...

Any suggestions?