NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by cj_000 »

No, the latest Sony Update blocks root, as posted on the blog here:

http://blog.gtvhacker.com/2012/rumor-ne ... v-exploit/
denix
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by denix »

Ok, you can add me as another happy user of the hack! Have 40" Sony Internet TV with GoogleTV and everything works perfectly so far - Amazon Instant Video/Prime, Netflix, Hulu, CBS.com all work w/o problems. No sound issues, as some reported earlier. ABC.com seems to play, but the video is covered by a black box, so it isn't watchable...
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Raj & bigshot... any1 heard if ChainsDD has made any progress, or if he even received it? I am curious as to why he couldn't get one there? They aren't sold in GB?
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

anuraj1 wrote:
Zane_Grey wrote:Here is what I did using the su for x86 from the post above me.

adb push su /system/bin/
adb push su /system/xbin/
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/

then:

adb shell
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I went into the superuser app and it just shows su binary as vnull. Also root explorer doesn't request for su and even though it shows system as rewritable I was unable to delete files.

Has anyone gotten su binary to work?
He says to make sure you chmod to 06755
Where did the apk come from in the list above? When I DL from that link http://t.co/LXwdoOJc, I just get an SUx86 file w/ no extension. Has this been your experience? or is my infernal windows xp box chopping off the ext.?

rtv5k
anuraj1
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by anuraj1 »

replaytv5000 wrote:
anuraj1 wrote:
Zane_Grey wrote:Here is what I did using the su for x86 from the post above me.

adb push su /system/bin/
adb push su /system/xbin/
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/

then:

adb shell
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I went into the superuser app and it just shows su binary as vnull. Also root explorer doesn't request for su and even though it shows system as rewritable I was unable to delete files.

Has anyone gotten su binary to work?
He says to make sure you chmod to 06755
Where did the apk come from in the list above? When I DL from that link http://t.co/LXwdoOJc, I just get an SUx86 file w/ no extension. Has this been your experience? or is my infernal windows xp box chopping off the ext.?

rtv5k
Yes, that is the su binary that is required for the Superuser app to get root access. For the app itself, I just sent the one from my phone to my dropbox and then downloaded it using the browser on GTV.

I haven't heard anything new from @ChainsDD but I just shot him a tweet and I'll keep you all updated.
sysmai
Android 1.0

Post by sysmai »

Don't know how experienced you are with Linux file system but a file in Linux doesn't need to have a specific extension to be executable. The apk. That was shown to be pushed was just the superuser apk that you can get from the market. It was the binary file that had to be recompiled. So that SUx86 can be renamed to su because that is what the superuser application is looking for in the bin and xbin directories. It's what exactly is it not finding when showing null after. Setting permissions that goes far beyond my noobie android and programming nonexistent brain. Oh and that is just farther answering your question that was answered above. I just remember trying to wrap my dos brain around a real terminal emulator with bash and no exe blew me away.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Oh, I know a LOT about linux. Just like I know a LOT about women.
Just like I know a LOT about... ayhhhhh. Anyhoo, just wanted to be sure that my poopy xp wasn't burpin on me. Thx for the confirm
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Of the few apps that I install that require root, they see SU in the location but when they try to run w/ elevated privs it just says NO. Can't wait for da super
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0

Post by bigshotproducer »

replaytv5000 wrote:Raj & bigshot... any1 heard if ChainsDD has made any progress, or if he even received it? I am curious as to why he couldn't get one there? They aren't sold in GB?

I haven't heard from him yet, so I would assume he hasn't got it yet. I only sent it Monday (from east coast.)
Most of what I read is that it is expected to be available in UK soon, some say early to mid 2012, others 2013. But that's just the blogosphere. Didn't see anything concrete on a quick search.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

My hope was that it doesn't get held up in customs, since it isn't sold there yet. I don't think it will, but if he doesn't receive it soon, that could be the reason. I know, I'm a bundle of hope tonight... NDAA has me so pissed. But I digress.