NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
colinphoto
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by colinphoto »

anuraj1 wrote:
replaytv5000 wrote:
anuraj1 wrote: Seriously, "reboot recovery" is a root ADB command that takes any other Android device into recovery. Not sure why it wouldn't work on our GTV boxes, give it a shot if you can.
I was thinkin about that...
just thinking out loud raj, but doesn't there have to be an active net connection for adb over IP? it wont even list as a device in adb, right?
hm, good point. I think it could be possible, but only if ADB was set up prior to this happening. And if the GTV box is over wifi, then without Android loading up, it wouldn't establish a wifi connection.
I gave it a shot but haven't figured out a way to connect the blu-ray player to my laptop. Is there a way to connect and have it run from the LAN port on the bluRay to the LAN on my computer? Could I use the "adb tcpip <port>" command and connect it that way? If so, how do I figure out what that port is?
I've also tried "adb reboot-recovery" and it just returns "error: device not found" Thanks all of you you for taking the time. I'm trying to avoid using the B word too :/
sysmai
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by sysmai »

just in case you didn't get the DD.exe --list done.
after inserting flash drive check your file explorer for the drive letter
next do your dd.exe --list
you got everything listed right but the info shown in wiki is actually the first of the two times the drive is shown.
to make a long story short. scroll up..hehe. it just scrolled out of view. silly non fullscreen cmd prompt
lschroeder
Android 1.0

Post by lschroeder »

Can we use a program like Win32DiskImager.exe to write images rather than dd command in Tools directory?
Catrane
Android 1.0

Post by Catrane »

denix wrote:There is this "Sky Pirates" which is labeled Amazon Studios Test Movie... :) You can stream it for free and you can buy it for free. Here's the URL - http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Pirates-Amazo ... B0072N937Y

Another thing to check - what device are you using? Is it a Blu-ray or TV? I'm most interested in 40" TV, as that's what I have :)
Sky Pirates doesn't show up in a Magnifying Glass search, so it couldn't be used as a test case. I tried a Mag Glass search for "Love and Other Disasters" (don't judge. It was just near the top of the list when I looked for free movies :-) ). Clicked "Rent" in Mag Glass results, selected Amazon, was taken to the amazon.com page, clicked "watch free" or whatever the button is, and it started playing.

I'd suggest investigating your situation by attempting the same steps in parallel on a conventional computer and GTV, verify that you are signed-in on amazon.com on both, and note if there are any differences.

Good luck.
- Catrane
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

Catrane wrote:
denix wrote:There is this "Sky Pirates" which is labeled Amazon Studios Test Movie... :) You can stream it for free and you can buy it for free. Here's the URL - http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Pirates-Amazo ... B0072N937Y

Another thing to check - what device are you using? Is it a Blu-ray or TV? I'm most interested in 40" TV, as that's what I have :)
Sky Pirates doesn't show up in a Magnifying Glass search, so it couldn't be used as a test case. I tried a Mag Glass search for "Love and Other Disasters" (don't judge. It was just near the top of the list when I looked for free movies :-) ). Clicked "Rent" in Mag Glass results, selected Amazon, was taken to the amazon.com page, clicked "watch free" or whatever the button is, and it started playing.

I'd suggest investigating your situation by attempting the same steps in parallel on a conventional computer and GTV, verify that you are signed-in on amazon.com on both, and note if there are any differences.

Good luck.
- Catrane
I'll give it a shot when I get home. One more question, what is your useragent set to in the browser?
Catrane
Android 1.0

Post by Catrane »

anuraj1 wrote:I'll give it a shot when I get home. One more question, what is your useragent set to in the browser?
I'd rather not post it, because I'm a paranoid freak who doesn't want their useragent being added to a lame blacklist attempt at "security". This being a public readable forum and all. :-D

It's just the useragent transcribed from my computer though, assuming I didn't make any typos on that little keyboard, not really able to see the font on the screen at 18 feet away. ;-) You can Google for "what is my useragent" or some such thing to get a web site that'll reply that info to you if you need.

Good luck!
- Catrane
lschroeder
Android 1.0

Post by lschroeder »

How do I boot my 40 in Sony google tv intro recovery?
sst45jeff
Android 1.0

Post by sst45jeff »

gottahavit wrote:Plug in your usb and identify your drive letter(h:)
Open DOS command prompt & navigate to folder where "dd.exe" is and enter the dd.exe --list command.
It will spit volume info for all your drives.
Find the one matching the drive letter of your usb.
You'll see the volume id.
Copy the id and use in the next command from guide
Okay got the volume info & than struggled with the next command from the guide.

The example from the guide of the syntax command that you are supposed to input is confusing for those of us not familiar with DOS.
All the extra hashes & periods I thought were supposed to be included & they are not.
Enter the syntax as shown with the proper img.file & volume info from your USB drive.
Not like the guide example with all the extra hashes & periods.
I copied the img. files into the tools folder.

My example for the layman
dd if=USB1.img of=g:Volume{cc4b7c50-5a89-22e2-b458-000ea6223268}bs=4096

I am getting the error when I try to run the process with the first USB stick.
I have tried several USB sticks & get the same error so I must still be writing the image wrong .

The only thing I can figure is my complete lack of knowledge on DOS was the main issue. :lol:
Last edited by sst45jeff on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lschroeder
Android 1.0

Post by lschroeder »

zenofex wrote:I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that there is a rumor that Sony will be patching this tomorrow (Monday).

http://blog.gtvhacker.com/2012/rumor-ne ... v-exploit/

Thanks,
Zenofex
Do you think this already has happened? Is there a way I can check to see if sony did this update on my 40 in GTV? I have tried holding the power on/off on the remote for 3 seconds when plugging it in. It always makes it to the status bar at the bottom with the apps.

Thanks,
Larry
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

lschroeder wrote:
zenofex wrote:I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that there is a rumor that Sony will be patching this tomorrow (Monday).

http://blog.gtvhacker.com/2012/rumor-ne ... v-exploit/

Thanks,
Zenofex
Do you think this already has happened? Is there a way I can check to see if sony did this update on my 40 in GTV? I have tried holding the power on/off on the remote for 3 seconds when plugging it in. It always makes it to the status bar at the bottom with the apps.

Thanks,
Larry
I literally laughed out loud... thanks for that.