NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
Catrane
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by Catrane »

anuraj1 wrote:Out of curiosity, how are you going about watching Amazon Prime videos? Maybe I am not doing it correctly... I search for them using the Magnifying Glass button on the remote, and then click "Rent" or "Buy" when they appear in the search. It takes me into a browser with a big green button that says "Watch Now", but clicking on it doesn't do anything.
I just browse to Amazon's web site (via a Mag Glass search for "amazon prime instant video"), click "Movies", pick some random free movie that seems like a good test case, then click the green "Watch Free" (or whatever it is) button and expand to full screen.

If you can name one that's free, I can try your path. I'm just guessing that without someone naming one it'd be a lot of guess and check before the search got me to an Amazon free one. That, and I don't use the mag search the way you described because I'm leery of it feeding through without my Prime info and me getting charged. I program computers, not trust computers. ;-)

- Catrane
denix
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by denix »

Catrane wrote:
anuraj1 wrote:Out of curiosity, how are you going about watching Amazon Prime videos? Maybe I am not doing it correctly... I search for them using the Magnifying Glass button on the remote, and then click "Rent" or "Buy" when they appear in the search. It takes me into a browser with a big green button that says "Watch Now", but clicking on it doesn't do anything.
I just browse to Amazon's web site (via a Mag Glass search for "amazon prime instant video"), click "Movies", pick some random free movie that seems like a good test case, then click the green "Watch Free" (or whatever it is) button and expand to full screen.

If you can name one that's free, I can try your path. I'm just guessing that without someone naming one it'd be a lot of guess and check before the search got me to an Amazon free one. That, and I don't use the mag search the way you described because I'm leery of it feeding through without my Prime info and me getting charged. I program computers, not trust computers. ;-)

- Catrane

There is this "Sky Pirates" which is labeled Amazon Studios Test Movie... :) You can stream it for free and you can buy it for free. Here's the URL - http://www.amazon.com/Sky-Pirates-Amazo ... B0072N937Y

Another thing to check - what device are you using? Is it a Blu-ray or TV? I'm most interested in 40" TV, as that's what I have :)
denix
Android 1.0

Post by denix »

@anuraj1:

What's your device?

When you click Watch/Stream, do you see the regular "Amazon Instant Video Connecting..." message?
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

denix wrote:@anuraj1:

What's your device?

When you click Watch/Stream, do you see the regular "Amazon Instant Video Connecting..." message?
I have the Blu-Ray box. When I click on Watch Now, literally nothing happens. I'm not that worried about it, but occasionally I do buy shows or movies from Amazon Prime.
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

jakoh wrote:
replaytv5000 wrote:oops... this is a reply to jakoh's quote up there... so sleepy

While I think chrome as a browser should be horsewhipped and set free in traffic... during rush hour... in the trucks only lane... it has been stable and fast. No crashes. Did you install any 3rd party apps yet? Freeze any primary apps? If so, which ones? Been on adb for anything yet, (which I probly should've asked first)?

Try Boat browser that I mentioned. Flash still kinda sucks on it even post exploit... but that & boat mini do work for the simple things. If I could get an answer before I die of sleep deprivation about SU x86 I would hope to be able to fidget with boat to get it working with flash... but i digress.

I have read your posts re: chrome, and being a PC tech for 16 years... I would start the whole thing over from scratch. Don't skip into the middle of the process... clean slate it and build it again as if it was the first time. Re-download the imgs, dd each stick again, etc etc. Just mah 2 pennies... good luck
i havent froze anything, never even gotten on with adb yet.
i suppose i ll start again, thanks for reading my case :( .
i think i found the problem, dd gave me an error on image 4 but i didnt pay attention. so the problem was i was using an 8GB card. when i used a 4GB card there was no error. will redo, hopefully everythin works. cam someone update the wiki.
edit: even with a newly written error free usbs, even everything went as per the instruction. but chrome still crashes. maybe its a win vista issue (wiki does say it doesnt work with win7), will do it on my ubuntu machine later.
Is there a way for me to find out why chrome crashes, through adb?
where can i get files for a clean install of 3.2 and then redo the mod?
Last edited by jakoh on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sst45jeff
Android 1.0

Post by sst45jeff »

I have not done much DOS & I am having trouble understanding how to do the following.
Do I use the dos command prompt or do I use the dd.exe prompt that comes up when I click on it in the tools directory.
Either way I get nothing.

Navigate into the Tools/ directory.
Plug USB drive #1 in and then enter the following command into the command line:

dd.exe --list

Find the matching volume information for the inserted USB drive. This can be done easiest by matching the drive letter for the USB drive in "My Computer" to the corresponding "\\.\e:" (assuming the drive letter is e:). The format of the list should have the same syntax as the following:

\\.\Volume{046ee4df-3db8-11e1-836e-000c29b70b00}\
link to \\?\Device\Harddisk1\DP(1)0-0+11
removeable media
Mounted on \\.\e:
4me
Android 1.0

Post by 4me »

avoidtheboyd wrote:Everything works except FOX and ABC TV shows. FOX is saying it needs a newer version of flash. ABC is playing, I hear sound, but the player is covered by a black box. I tried different user agents and no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

And thanks for the hack!!
I have the same issue....
sst45jeff
Android 1.0

Post by sst45jeff »

Help - I am not getting how to find the volume info of the usb drive as shown in the wiki.
gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by gottahavit »

Plug in your usb and identify your drive letter(h:)
Open command prompt to where "dd.exe" is and enter the dd.exe --list command
It will spit volume info for all your drives.
Find the one matching the drive letter of your usb
You'll see the volume id.
Copy the id and use in the next command from guide
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

for dos noobs... you can right click in the dos box and select mark, then carefully highlight the volume label and a simple single right click copies that highlighted text to the clipboard. makes dealing w/ the long stuff error free and muchhhh less typing! if you over highlight a section, the "mark" option stays active until you right click

also for me I stuck the main folder straight on a root drive (D:\sonygtv). this makes navigating to the folder inside dos fairly easy as well.