NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by replaytv5000 »

oops... this is a reply to jakoh's quote up there... so sleepy

While I think chrome as a browser should be horsewhipped and set free in traffic... during rush hour... in the trucks only lane... it has been stable and fast. No crashes. Did you install any 3rd party apps yet? Freeze any primary apps? If so, which ones? Been on adb for anything yet, (which I probly should've asked first)?

Try Boat browser that I mentioned. Flash still kinda sucks on it even post exploit... but that & boat mini do work for the simple things. If I could get an answer before I die of sleep deprivation about SU x86 I would hope to be able to fidget with boat to get it working with flash... but i digress.

I have read your posts re: chrome, and being a PC tech for 16 years... I would start the whole thing over from scratch. Don't skip into the middle of the process... clean slate it and build it again as if it was the first time. Re-download the imgs, dd each stick again, etc etc. Just mah 2 pennies... good luck
colinphoto
Android 1.0

Post by colinphoto »

I tried this tonight on the bluRay player and have run into a snag. Everything was cool until step 9. Now I can't get back into recovery mode to insert USB4. I seem to be stuck on the GTV Hacker Splash screen which stays on for about 5 minutes then reboots the machine and comes up again. Holding down power key is not working to enter recovery mode. What did I miss?
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by bigshotproducer »

anuraj1 wrote:
Zane_Grey wrote:Here is what I did using the su for x86 from the post above me.

adb push su /system/bin/
adb push su /system/xbin/
adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/

then:

adb shell
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I went into the superuser app and it just shows su binary as vnull. Also root explorer doesn't request for su and even though it shows system as rewritable I was unable to delete files.

Has anyone gotten su binary to work?
He says to make sure you chmod to 06755

I just sent a rooted NSZ-GTV to @ChainsDD so he'll have it in a couple days and we'll see what he can come up with...
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Wow... way to contribute to the cause, man. First beer's on me after he pimp-slaps this b!tch... :P
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0

replaytv5000 wrote:Wow... way to contribute to the cause, man. First beer's on me after he pimp-slaps this b!tch... :P

I'm just the middle man -- he paid for it, I just picked it up, rooted it, and sent it his way...
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

still, way to step up! I'm following u and raj... and raj is like within 10 miles of me!! ha! small world.

@xstrym
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

replaytv5000 wrote:oops... this is a reply to jakoh's quote up there... so sleepy

While I think chrome as a browser should be horsewhipped and set free in traffic... during rush hour... in the trucks only lane... it has been stable and fast. No crashes. Did you install any 3rd party apps yet? Freeze any primary apps? If so, which ones? Been on adb for anything yet, (which I probly should've asked first)?

Try Boat browser that I mentioned. Flash still kinda sucks on it even post exploit... but that & boat mini do work for the simple things. If I could get an answer before I die of sleep deprivation about SU x86 I would hope to be able to fidget with boat to get it working with flash... but i digress.

I have read your posts re: chrome, and being a PC tech for 16 years... I would start the whole thing over from scratch. Don't skip into the middle of the process... clean slate it and build it again as if it was the first time. Re-download the imgs, dd each stick again, etc etc. Just mah 2 pennies... good luck
i havent froze anything, never even gotten on with adb yet.
i suppose i ll start again, thanks for reading my case :( .
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

replaytv5000 wrote:still, way to step up! I'm following u and raj... and raj is like within 10 miles of me!! ha! small world.

@xstrym
Awesome! Always good to know there is another Android freak close haha
bigshotproducer
Android 1.0

I just want this to be the best as possible! The Android community is awesome and I've always wanted to do something to help, and this seems to be the closest I can get since I don't know any programming really. lol :)
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

@raj
Hells ya, homey... especially the GTV version. I am not following chains, but if you guys wanna keep me in the loop, I can run some adb stuff if ever needed since I work from home currently. Been rooting and romming since the G1 days... ya, know, "way back when" ;)