NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

News and Updates about the Sony Devices
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Re: NSX-GT1 and NSZ-GT1 exploit to run unsigned kernels!

Post by zenofex »

I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that there is a rumor that Sony will be patching this tomorrow (Monday).

http://blog.gtvhacker.com/2012/rumor-ne ... v-exploit/

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by replaytv5000 »

jakoh wrote:
anuraj1 wrote:
replaytv5000 wrote: Sorry that no one has answered you, but no. The USB ports are for external storage. Besides finding an A-to-A USB cable would be difficult in retail hell.
These boxes use ADB over IP. There is a setting in Development under Applications in Settings. Just make sure Remote Debugging is checked. You will use the option "Debugger IP address" to config.
Thank you so much, I figured that out after buying a cable yesterday haha. I read on Google's android SDK site and managed to connect with ADB over IP and allowed non-market apps.
Do i need a crossover cable? or just standard?
I suppose a crossover would work, but don't you already connect to a router? But I am thinking that you will need a dhcp server on your host PC. If you can, go the router path... that would probly be for the best.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

zenofex wrote:I just wanted to give anyone a heads up that there is a rumor that Sony will be patching this tomorrow (Monday).

http://blog.gtvhacker.com/2012/rumor-ne ... v-exploit/

Thanks,
Zenofex
Thanks for the heads-up! Glad I got mine done. Screw sony, but I admire them for the fast turn around... you gotta admit it's cool to be a thorn in a multi-national's side, huh you hackers extraordinaire? :twisted:
fan500
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Post by fan500 »

Just wanted to let you know that I did the hack and everything works great - flash even better than it did before. I get less error messages. I am not that comptuer literate but was able to do it without much problem. The only thing I wasnt sure if I had to input the drive letters in the command lines - you don't - you just have to get the volume labels correct.

Thanks again - this is great - I hope sony will not patch this - I think more people will buy this if it stays rootable.

Thank a bunch !
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

replaytv5000 wrote:
jakoh wrote:
anuraj1 wrote:Thank you so much, I figured that out after buying a cable yesterday haha. I read on Google's android SDK site and managed to connect with ADB over IP and allowed non-market apps.
I suppose a crossover would work, but don't you already connect to a router? But I am thinking that you will need a dhcp server on your host PC. If you can, go the router path... that would probly be for the best.
No cables required!

You must have the Android SDK on your computer.

Quick dirty tutorial:
1. On wifi, find the IP addresses for your computer and your GTV box.
2. On your GTV Box, go to settings>applicatons>development>debugger IP address and enter your computer's IP address.
3. Open a command line on your computer and type:

adb connect <ip address of your gtv box>

4. The cursor will change to # and you're connected by ADB.

If you don't know how to use ADB, Google a tutorial for the basic commands.
denix
Android 1.0

Post by denix »

sowright wrote:Thanks so much for creating this. Installed really easily.

Hulu works great now, however Amazon Prime Instant videos will no longer work. When I click the Play Now link on any Amazon Instant Video, nothing happens. All other links on the Amazon page works, except for any Instant video play link...

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ouch. Amazon Prime is very important for me. If it indeed stops working after rooting, I won't do it. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Thanks.
anuraj1
Android 1.0

Post by anuraj1 »

denix wrote:
sowright wrote:Thanks so much for creating this. Installed really easily.

Hulu works great now, however Amazon Prime Instant videos will no longer work. When I click the Play Now link on any Amazon Instant Video, nothing happens. All other links on the Amazon page works, except for any Instant video play link...

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Ouch. Amazon Prime is very important for me. If it indeed stops working after rooting, I won't do it. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Thanks.
Crap. It appears that Amazon Prime isn't working for me either. When I click the "Watch Now" button, nothing happens. Will test more tomorrow.
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

anuraj1 wrote:
replaytv5000 wrote:
jakoh wrote:
No cables required!

You must have the Android SDK on your computer.

Quick dirty tutorial:
1. On wifi, find the IP addresses for your computer and your GTV box.
2. On your GTV Box, go to settings>applicatons>development>debugger IP address and enter your computer's IP address.
3. Open a command line on your computer and type:

adb connect <ip address of your gtv box>

4. The cursor will change to # and you're connected by ADB.

If you don't know how to use ADB, Google a tutorial for the basic commands.
haha... now ya post it! :) I just bumped my head until it came back to me. lol I believe I installed wayyy more of the SDK than I should have, but I've got an idea for an app that I might delve into, so no biggie.

and FYI if you just type "adb" from the cmd line w/out any commands, it pulls up the help file for all the switches. But dont type the quotes.

any1 gotten anywhere on SU w/ the modded x86 version? Haven't seen anyone report back yay or ney. I am looking to SU this panel asap and would love some feedback, or a howto, or a whatever ya got.

thanks,
rtv5k
jakoh
Android 1.0

Post by jakoh »

is anyone got any insight into why my chrome keeps crashing?
replaytv5000
1.5 Cupcake

Post by replaytv5000 »

Hey Zenofex, Resno, CJ, et al... any hint on which 'features' you're leaning toward in future kernal releases? Just a teaser? ;)