root #2

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Re: root #2

Post by gdeeble »

Ahh.. Blasted Logitech! Maybe well get this all fixed in time. We've managed to get a temp root, so we're making progress. We can't change the file from system partition right?
havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by havikx »

anyone try ota root keeper? it would, theoretically, be able to bring root back after a reboot...but not at boot. you would have to wait for system to boot, then open the app. save the headache of running the exploit after every reboot.

i'm not even sure if it runs x86. just throwing out ideas.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
cj_000
1.6 Donut

Post by cj_000 »

Yeah, just a heads up - we've been working on persistence all week, just have a few more hurdles to get over.
doug piston
Android 1.0

Post by doug piston »

General FYI, nandpwn would not build on my Arch box. I assume GCC is to new. Built just fine on the Buntu box. Thanks for this guys!
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

doug piston wrote:General FYI, nandpwn would not build on my Arch box. I assume GCC is to new. Built just fine on the Buntu box. Thanks for this guys!
what error are you getting? i'm getting a:

gcc -c nandpwn.c -m32
nandpwn.c:18:21: error: syscall.h: No such file or directory
nandpwn.c: In function ‘getprivs’:
nandpwn.c:109: error: ‘__NR_write’ undeclared (first use in this function)
nandpwn.c:109: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nandpwn.c:109: error: for each function it appears in.)
nandpwn.c:110: error: ‘__NR_read’ undeclared (first use in this function)
nandpwn.c:114: error: ‘__NR_restart_syscall’ undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [nandpwn.o] Error 1

i assume its a stupid error on my part but might very well be something to do with mac osx.
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
doug piston
Android 1.0

Post by doug piston »

http://db.tt/nmUdeVHY

Lower right, Not the same as you.
coggy9
Android 1.0

Post by coggy9 »

If you're having issues, and don't care to run a virtual machine/ live CD, here is what I did since my main PC is broken.
  • Boot Ubuntu 12.04 32bit Live CD
    Search for "andadb" with quotes, download and execute the script.
    Choose 1 and 2.
    get source and compile
Getting ADB set up on the VM took too much time, so I just moved binaries to windows, then did "chmod 775 /data/local/tmp/*" to make them run.
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

Not to be pushy, but I was wondering if there are any updates? There's a sale for one of those Android on a stick devices, and I'm tempted to buy it, but if permanent root for the Revue is still a possibility, then I'd rather save my money. Thanks.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

AZImmortal wrote:Not to be pushy, but I was wondering if there are any updates? There's a sale for one of those Android on a stick devices, and I'm tempted to buy it, but if permanent root for the Revue is still a possibility, then I'd rather save my money. Thanks.
There won't be any updates.
If the Android on a stick you are talking about is Equiso, STAY AWAY! Real bad experience with them just recently. They took my money but wouldn't send the friggin thing so after a month I canceled the order but they wouldn't let me cancel it. Every time I contacted them is was like a circus, "are you saying you want to cancel your order?", Yes cancel it. No reply, no reply, I write back, "So are you saying you want to cancel your order?" UNBELIEVABLE. A bunch of clowns with a device that will not sell and they will be out of business by the end of the year. If you buy one, you will be stuck with it and no support for it.
AZImmortal
Android 1.0

Post by AZImmortal »

What makes you say that there won't be any updates? Thanks for the tip about Equiso. It's not with them, but I'll be sure to cross them off my list of potentials. The one I'm interested in is this one.

http://www.in4dealz.com/deals/Dual-Core ... ox-600195/