root?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

root?

Post by havikx »

I hate to be that guy cuz I know better, but when are the revue exploits being released? Its been a while since Dan was able to root it. Defcon was yesterday, and it was said they would end the conference with public release of exploits. So when will we be able to root? Anytime soon?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
phlunkie
Android 1.0

Re: root?

Post by phlunkie »

You are the guy that beat me asking the same question. I was following as best as I could yesterday. I saw that track 2 (where they were scheduled to talk) was shutdown due to a cellphone blowing up in a guys pocket. Not a bad blowup up, but enough to damage clothing and not sure about the guy. So hopefully that phone did not hold all the secret exploits that we are so patiently waiting on.
It looked like the talk was rescheduled but being in Florida, i am not sure what really happened out there. Just what i read on the internet, and we all know it is true.
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

When was their talk rescheduled for? Like...later in the day? Defcon is over now....
T-mobile g1 - cm6
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Member xda forums
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

Don't hold your breath!
coggy9
Android 1.0

Post by coggy9 »

I don't know what happened, but you can view the presentation slides here. Hopefully the root tools will be released soon, as software root was achieved, seen in slide 34.
M1cha
Android 1.0

Post by M1cha »

They described very detailed how the exploit works.
Now Logitech could patch this via update very fast. Hopefully they will release the exploit soon.
phlunkie
Android 1.0

Post by phlunkie »

M1cha wrote:They described very detailed how the exploit works.
Now Logitech could patch this via update very fast. Hopefully they will release the exploit soon.
I hope they do not. But how would it benefit them if they are abandoning the revue?
They should allow for the bootloader to be unlocked with the caveat that by doing so, negates allwarranties. That way they get us off their backs completely. </wishful thinking>
havikx
1.6 Donut

Post by havikx »

phlunkie wrote:
I hope they do not. But how would it benefit them if they are abandoning the revue?
They should allow for the bootloader to be unlocked with the caveat that by doing so, negates allwarranties. That way they get us off their backs completely. </wishful thinking>
Asking anything from Logitech is a waste of time. They won't. They made Modding it harder by taking out recovery and replacing it with gtvhacker names. Tell me that isn't a direct slap to the face of the gthacker guys.

Though I doubt they are going to push an update. Updates aren't their strong point.

I'm hoping its just a matter of jet lag from the trip and waiting for them to wake up.
T-mobile g1 - cm6
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Post by zenofex »

havikx wrote:
phlunkie wrote:
Asking anything from Logitech is a waste of time. They won't. They made Modding it harder by taking out recovery and replacing it with gtvhacker names. Tell me that isn't a direct slap to the face of the gthacker guys.

Though I doubt they are going to push an update. Updates aren't their strong point.

I'm hoping its just a matter of jet lag from the trip and waiting for them to wake up.

We all got home over the last few hours, we were away from our homes and families so we've had a few things to catch up on but we'll have the exploits out over the next 24 hours. Also slides are at:

http://gtvhacker.com/pres/dc20.odp

Videos for the demos will be uploaded shortly, followed by the guides pushed out for Sony this evening and for the revue tomorrow. Keep checking the forums, twitter, and blog for updates as each is pushed out.

P.S. We didn't forget about you guys, we just didn't have access to our devices and didn't dare do too much on the DefCon network. It's entirely too malicious

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
phlunkie
Android 1.0

Post by phlunkie »

thank you for the update. How did the talk go? You all should do a blog entry on the experience.