Revue 3.2 (HLS) is being rolled out now!

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

gottahavit
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Revue 3.2 (HLS) is being rolled out now!

Post by gottahavit »

Mine finally updated overnight, but when i tried to use google play it had lost all my account info and wouldn't let me addit. So i did a hard reset and now everything is working properly.

WOW what a cluster F, logitech made out of this one
rpadula
Android 1.0

Post by rpadula »

mine also updated overnight... finally!
JFeringa
Android 1.0

Post by JFeringa »

gdeeble wrote:I followed the follow from logitech's forums:
Nick040489 wrote:
Actually you don't have to reset the device. That's more of a pain. You can follow the same method that they have used for the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I know it works because I tried rebooting my Revue and checking for updates numerous times but to no avail.
I decided to try that method and as soon as I did it my Revue found the update. Just a little bit easier than a factory reset.
I had to do it 3 times and 3rd time it fired off the update info.

Worked on the first try, Chrome launched faster, nothing else noted so far.
rpadula
Android 1.0

Post by rpadula »

i've forced my gtv to use brazilian portuguese, and noticed that the ptbr translation was improved, i guess other languages too...

other thing i've noticed is that the downloads appear on the notifications tab, don't know if my hc updated was bugged, but now i have download percentage on notifications...
roblom
Android 1.0

Post by roblom »

The update also reached the Netherlands. Chrome loads faster and I can be wrong but besides the zip code there is now also a land choice but is is grayed out. Hope google will also launch GTV in the Netherlands.
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

Can someone try to adjust the delay rates for their set top box? Mine keeps saying "that network is unavailable".
vj98
Android 1.0

Post by vj98 »

I have a Revue and everything updated fine for me yesterday,,,,,

------------------------

Gafas Ray Ban
hiphonepro
Android 1.0

Post by hiphonepro »

I'm in Tampa Bay Florida and mine updated automatically last night and I notice a huge and I mean huge difference in speed this thing use to run like slow crap and now it is like night and day. I ran a ram cleaner on it as well and notice it has more open ram after cleaning so it looks like they cleaned this thing up they didnt just fix bugs they removed them as well as all the trash and cleaned up the system.
Hope we get a software root soon
Jarhead
1.5 Cupcake

Post by Jarhead »

hiphonepro wrote:I'm in Tampa Bay Florida and mine updated automatically last night and I notice a huge and I mean huge difference in speed this thing use to run like slow crap and now it is like night and day. I ran a ram cleaner on it as well and notice it has more open ram after cleaning so it looks like they cleaned this thing up they didnt just fix bugs they removed them as well as all the trash and cleaned up the system.
Hope we get a software root soon
Yours just updated??? What did you have it unplugged or something?
It runs quicker but you'll notice that will stop. There's an obvious memory leak and it still hasn't been fixed. give it a day or two and you'll start to see that when you start Chrome with the TV in the PIP window the audio will cut out and then Chrome takes forever to open, etc etc.
I get used to just rebooting it before I "do something" that I know will take forever like a page with video on (ie nfl.com) but that gets old quick.
cheoykell04
Android 1.0

Post by cheoykell04 »

received my 3.2 update yesterday..