Revue 3.2 (HLS) is being rolled out now!

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

tcrews
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Revue 3.2 (HLS) is being rolled out now!

Post by tcrews »

Another post of someone getting the update...

http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/articles/lo ... pdate-r852
tcrews
Android 1.0

Post by tcrews »

And even better...just got home from work turned on the TV. checked system and I'm not running 3.2 !!

Bonus since I was running the 3.1 that didn't allow me to update system apps!
gururise
Android 1.0

Post by gururise »

I just got 3.2 on one of my two Revue's here is California. No user visible changes, and the youtube app already crashed once. I haven't checked to see if MPEG2 decode support was re-added yet; however, I don't have high hopes.
EvilDave
Android 1.0

Post by EvilDave »

Logitech Support just informed me if Google Play did not update, you will not get 3.2. They ended up RMAing my device and hopefully they get it right
tcrews
Android 1.0

Post by tcrews »

EvilDave wrote:Logitech Support just informed me if Google Play did not update, you will not get 3.2. They ended up RMAing my device and hopefully they get it right
Not true. My device wouldn't update /system apps (Google Play, TV & Movies, Youtube, etc..) and got the update today. Now all those apps are updated as well.

I did have to factory reset after getting the update...my google account was missing and no way to add (could only add my Twitter account). Factory reset.......it rebooted/formatted and I setup everything and all is well.
gdeeble
1.5 Cupcake

Post by gdeeble »

I followed the follow from logitech's forums:
Nick040489 wrote:
Actually you don't have to reset the device. That's more of a pain. You can follow the same method that they have used for the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I know it works because I tried rebooting my Revue and checking for updates numerous times but to no avail.
I decided to try that method and as soon as I did it my Revue found the update. Just a little bit easier than a factory reset.
I had to do it 3 times and 3rd time it fired off the update info.
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

gdeeble wrote:I followed the follow from logitech's forums:
Nick040489 wrote:
Actually you don't have to reset the device. That's more of a pain. You can follow the same method that they have used for the Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom

1. From your Revue, head into Settings>Apps>All.
2. Search for Google Services Framework.
3. Once found, tap on it and choose “Force stop.”
4. Then choose “Clear data.”
5. Back out of Apps to your About page in Settings and check for the System update.

I know it works because I tried rebooting my Revue and checking for updates numerous times but to no avail.
I decided to try that method and as soon as I did it my Revue found the update. Just a little bit easier than a factory reset.
I had to do it 3 times and 3rd time it fired off the update info.
That did the trick for me, it updated on the third try.

Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
lschroeder
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: NSX-40GT1 (Internet TV)

Post by lschroeder »

gururise wrote:I just got 3.2 on one of my two Revue's here is California. No user visible changes, and the youtube app already crashed once. I haven't checked to see if MPEG2 decode support was re-added yet; however, I don't have high hopes.
No native MPEG2 support :cry: . With HLS added Plex can now transcode MPEG2 for playback if your computer's Plex server is powerful enough. I run 2 window's Plex server. The dual core window's 7 amd Plex server works with 720p TV shows I recorded, but my window's XP SP3 P4 3.4 ghz stutters badly and is not useable except for direct mp4 video playback on the revue.
hmanxx
Android 1.0

Post by hmanxx »

I dont know what went wrong..after the 3.2 update..the Chrome icon is disappeared from my All app..
There is now with the Play Store icon..but whenever i clicked on it..it is displaying blank page

On the account setting..it is also not able to add google account.

I did a check on system/app...the chrome.apk is there..
I dont dare to do master reset as there is no browser and google play store is not working..after reset still can not work..then the unit will really a paper weight without program that i can use to at least side loading.
After 3.2 update completed..it did prompt required backup account however the system doesnt allow me to add one.

Anyone encounter similar problem
tcrews
Android 1.0

Post by tcrews »

hmanxx wrote:I dont know what went wrong..after the 3.2 update..the Chrome icon is disappeared from my All app..
There is now with the Play Store icon..but whenever i clicked on it..it is displaying blank page

On the account setting..it is also not able to add google account.

I did a check on system/app...the chrome.apk is there..
I dont dare to do master reset as there is no browser and google play store is not working..after reset still can not work..then the unit will really a paper weight without program that i can use to at least side loading.
After 3.2 update completed..it did prompt required backup account however the system doesnt allow me to add one.

Anyone encounter similar problem
Yes, similar. Couldn't access Google Play Store (blank screen...forcing out gave authentication error), my google account info was listed and "add account" would only let me add my Twitter account. I also got the "a backup account is needed" pop up.

Factory reset solved all those problems.