hdmi video

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

wiwneema
Android 1.0

hdmi video

Post by wiwneema »

What is the point of having an HDMI Video Input and an HDMI Video Output on my Receiver? My Onkyo has a HDMI Video input and Video Output... I still have to connect a fiber optic from my HD DVD player to the receiver to get Audio, there is no HDMI Audio Input or Output. What is the purpose of the HDMI in and out? I could just connect my DVD player video directly to the TV through HDMI and then Audio through the receiver via fiber optic. Why would my receiver have this HDMI Video Input and Output feature?
Last edited by wiwneema on Fri May 11, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbloggs
1.5 Cupcake
GTV Device Owned: NSZ-GT1 (Bluray Player)

Re: hdmi video

Post by jbloggs »

HDMI carries both video and audio signals. Your A/V receiver will most likely have several (3 or more) HDMI inputs and one (sometimes two on high-end receivers) HDMI ouput. The HDMI out is used to connect the receiver to your TV. The HDMI inputs are connections from your other components Blu-Ray/DVD player, Video Game console, media player, cable/satellite box, etc. You should not have to connect digital optical cable (for sound) if you have everything connected via HDMI as the HDMI will also carry sound signals.