is it still possible to buy a virgin revue?

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

is it still possible to buy a virgin revue?

Post by havikx »

i know they have 3.1 printed on box. i also know they started printing them without the 3.1 update. whats the odds that they still have virgin software on it?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums
zenofex
2.1 Eclair

Re: is it still possible to buy a virgin revue?

Post by zenofex »

havikx wrote:i know they have 3.1 printed on box. i also know they started printing them without the 3.1 update. whats the odds that they still have virgin software on it?
AFAIK, the box are no longer being manufactured are on the original firmware and are still vulnerable to the original UART vulnerability. I haven't heard anything from anything saying otherwise (unless its a refurbished box of course).

Thanks,
Zenofex
Bitcoin donations can be sent to:
15mb6ER9gbujUXJABBd146W34FwWX2F1Lx
havikx
1.6 Donut
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: is it still possible to buy a virgin revue?

Post by havikx »

zenofex wrote:
havikx wrote:i know they have 3.1 printed on box. i also know they started printing them without the 3.1 update. whats the odds that they still have virgin software on it?
AFAIK, the box are no longer being manufactured are on the original firmware and are still vulnerable to the original UART vulnerability. I haven't heard anything from anything saying otherwise (unless its a refurbished box of course).

Thanks,
Zenofex
So Ican buy one and root. Ok. Now..Iknow you have a rooted revue. Have you been able to do anything to yours that most can't do because of lack of root? Like the kernel exploit by dan. Have you been able to modify your own box further using that exploit? Are you still 2.1 or userdebug3.1?
HTC one s - cm10 jellybean unofficial
T-mobile g1 - cm6
T-Mobile g2- andromadus ics beta
T-Mobile hd2- cm9 by tytung
HP touchpad- CM9 alpha 2
Logitech revue- OTA downgrade 3.1
Member xda forums