Google Play not updating

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

robertr3d
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: Google Play not updating

Post by robertr3d »

parrotheadmjb wrote: I suspected the same once I saw that some people were able to update and others weren't. Are the build #'s the same?? I suspect Google will fix this eventually, but I ask about the build numbers in case it takes too long and I decide to create and RMA with Logitech. I was on the Honeycomb beta and sideloaded all the updates; Build number: KA2X-20111123.091818.user-b61925

Also, I've been emailing the Google Play Support Team back and forth about this, haven't made any progress.. only received generic responses so far like, "On devices, it will take a few days for the Android Market app to update to the Google Play Store app - please be patient!" . Logitech is useless, all they told me is that I need to discuss this with Google since its their app, so I wouldn't suggest hassling Logitech support about it.
I was on Honeycomb Beta too and I manually updated. The build is the same and from logcat I've seen that a problem of signature occurs.

Do you now a way to reinstall the first original 2.x version?
killer4110
Contributor
GTV Device Owned: Vizio Co-Star

Post by killer4110 »

Here is what Google Play had to say about the app, they are working on getting it to work in different countries.

One of the comments we've gotten on this page is "Why isn't this available in my country?", and we wanted to make sure we addressed it. We hear you - it's frustrating to not be able to get your hands on products immediately.

We're working hard to bring the different types of media in Google Play to more countries, so that more of you can take advantage of the tools and deals we offer. There are many aspects to launching a feature like this internationally that take time to get right and mean more than just flipping on a switch. We'll be announcing more availability for books, movies, and music as each rolls out, so stay tuned on this page in the coming months!

In the meantime, we do want to talk about books, movies, and music on this channel too. We want to connect you to amazing artists, authors, filmmakers and developers through interviews, hangouts, Q+As, and more. We always appreciate your feedback on how we can make this page better, so tell us in the comments!
Logitech Revue
Sony NSZ-GS7
Vizio Co-Star
Hisense Pulse
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

killer4110 wrote:Here is what Google Play had to say about the app, they are working on getting it to work in different countries.

One of the comments we've gotten on this page is "Why isn't this available in my country?", and we wanted to make sure we addressed it. We hear you - it's frustrating to not be able to get your hands on products immediately.

We're working hard to bring the different types of media in Google Play to more countries, so that more of you can take advantage of the tools and deals we offer. There are many aspects to launching a feature like this internationally that take time to get right and mean more than just flipping on a switch. We'll be announcing more availability for books, movies, and music as each rolls out, so stay tuned on this page in the coming months!

In the meantime, we do want to talk about books, movies, and music on this channel too. We want to connect you to amazing artists, authors, filmmakers and developers through interviews, hangouts, Q+As, and more. We always appreciate your feedback on how we can make this page better, so tell us in the comments!
That isn't my issue, I'm in the United States and it won't update due to the .apk signature; however I've been in contact with Google Play for Google TV support, ran "#adb debugreport > debugreport" and sent to them, also gave them full permission to inspect my device & account further so they can determine why this happening so they can get a fix in order. I'll post back when I receive more info. It has to do with the build I'm on, I got to this build by updating to the leaked 3.1 user-debug then updating to the first leaked 3.1 build. Apparently it was taken down from GTVHacker shortly after it was posted and replaced with an update.zip that doesn't cause this issue.. I was one of the unlucky ones that used the first update.zip, thus I am getting this error about inconsistent signatures.
shakuyi
Android 1.0

Post by shakuyi »

can someone post the apk for the play store? or confirm what version they are running so i can try to sideload it? I am in US and it sucks this issue is going on
dcsoimpossible98
Android 1.0

Post by dcsoimpossible98 »

I wonder if using the method to restore recovery in the following post would allow us to flash the correct build and resolve this issue? Any ideas?

http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue/topic254.html
yanex
Android 1.0

Post by yanex »

I have same problem as parrotheadmjb, Google Play won't install and I am unable to sideload any system app due to apk signatures.
History: 2.1 -> 3.1 UserDebug -> 3.1 Final (very first build posted!)

I've tried all I can think of with various results, but I don't think I can go any further without some good advice.
1) I've done all shenangians with apk files I could think off, I've even tried resigning youtube app for kicks. Thats the only thing I am need, since they removed most of features from web leanback version. Didn't get anywhere.

2) Restore recovery is out of the window, simply because this function is not supported on production builds (final). Also at this point its strange that /var/tmp is not writeable by all. Still you can push it elsewhere, but it will not flash this build bootloader.

3) Yesterday got bored so I tried also http://forum.gtvhacker.com/troubleshoot ... ic404.html - in short connect physically to /cache and put command file for recovery.
My reasoning was that a) recovery is till present, adb reboot recovery works just fine. b) I've never soldered anything more complicated than what couldn't have been solved by duck type. Was I surprised with size of those resistors... in picture they look 10x bigger. Anyway I managed cleanly to connect wires, much to my surprise.. I did pull of one of pads, but it left a little copper wire from trace luckily.
After everything further failed in that thread, it wont detect command file on boot and holding connect button just starts recovery wipe-data command after Fn+Left Arrow, any other combination wouldn't work.
Examining wipe log (which it leaves on "cache"), I found out that it expects 3 partitions on "cache" device (internal-usb1), so I created three partitions, which revue immediately used for directories /home and /tmp. Still it would not take update.zip from /tmp. With adb reboot recovery it started recovery process, but ended up with gray triangle in seconds. Logs on cache indicated that box didn't find what to do. Some logs from "cache device" partition 1:

If I hold connect and then press left arrow:

Code: Select all

I:Boot command: boot-recovery
I:Got arguments from boot message
Command: "recovery" "--wipe_data"
adb reboot recovery or adb reboot recovery --update-cache..... or ... adb reboot "recovery --update-cache..."

Command: "/bin/recovery"

ro.recovery.version=3
ro.secure=1
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=0
ro.macaddr=121212121212
ro.factorytest=0
ro.serialno=0000GB000000
ro.bootmode=recovery
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=5.303-g49cc594d
ro.hardware=logitech_ka5
ro.revision=0
persist.init.boot.token=1
ro.boot.token=1
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.console=stopped

Still nothing to do, trying auto recovery...
I:Mounting DATA:
I:Mounting CHROME:
I:executing /sbin/auto-recovery
auto-recovery v1.02
At one point it appears I got somewhere, since there was also file last_install with:

/cache//recovery/update.zip
but it looks like update.zip was already gone from previous reboots :( and I don't have idea at which point this happened.

That's about time I stopped trying and reason for this long wall of text, but I am sleep deprived at work now - so I got to look busy. :)

Any ideas or help, or advises would be welcome. I don't care about Revue that much actually - I am super surprised that I didn't mess up soldering, I am just inclined to finish this one way or another.

Thanks,
Yanex
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

I think that because the recovery is ro.secure 1 that it will not allow any updates unless its been pushed via OTA, Then again its been a while since I have messed with the revue and I may be wrong. Sounds like you may be getting somewhere at least more than most people on the forums.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
yanex
Android 1.0

Post by yanex »

Well I tried again today...

Starting recovery on Mon Apr 30 12:45:38 2012
can't open /dev/tty0: No such file or directory
framebuffer: fd 0 (1152 x 592)
recovery filesystem table
=========================
  0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null) 0
  1 /data/app ext3 /dev/disk/by-topology/internal-usb0-part3 (null) 0
  2 /data/chrome ext3 /dev/disk/by-topology/internal-usb0-part2 (null) 0
  3 /sdcard vfat /dev/disk/by-topology/external0-part1 (null) 0
  4 /boot yaffs2 boot (null) 0
  5 /system yaffs2 system (null) 0
  6 /cache ext3 /dev/disk/by-topology/internal-usb0-part1 (null) 0
  7 /data yaffs2 data (null) 0
  8 recovery mtd recovery (null) 0
  9 splash mtd splash (null) 0
  10 kernel mtd kernel (null) 0
  11 cefdk mtd cefdk (null) 0
  12 keystore mtd keystore (null) 0

I:Got arguments from /cache/recovery/command
Command: "/bin/recovery" "--update_package=CACHE:/recovery/update.zip"
(replacing path "CACHE:/recovery/update.zip" with "/cache//recovery/update.zip")

ro.recovery.version=3
ro.secure=1
ro.allow.mock.location=0
ro.debuggable=0
persist.service.adb.enable=0
ro.factorytest=0
ro.bootmode=recovery
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=5.303-g49cc594d
ro.hardware=logitech_ka5
ro.revision=0
persist.init.boot.token=1
ro.boot.token=1
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.console=stopped

Finding update package...
I:Update location: /cache//recovery/update.zip
I:Copying package from /cache//recovery/update.zip to /tmp/update.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /tmp/update.zip
I:1 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:comment is 1738 bytes; signature 1720 bytes from end
I:whole-file signature verified against key 0
I:verify_file returned 0
I:ota.prop: 'ro.ota.version=5'
Installing update...
script aborted: assert failed: !less_than_int(
    file_getprop("/tmp/build.prop", "ro.build.date.utc"),
    file_getprop("/mnt/system/build.prop", "ro.build.date.utc"))
assert failed: !less_than_int(  file_getprop("/tmp/build.prop", "ro.build.date.utc"),   file_getprop("/mnt/system/build.prop", "ro.build.date.utc"))
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
To get here I followed where I left last time and this time little study on scripts in revue. In short it's possible to pass parameters to recovery mode from pc connected with adb.

adb connect [box-ip]
adb reboot recovery --update_package=CACHE:/recovery/update.zip
Naturally you need USB soldered as described above and prepared USB flash drive with file.

But for whatever reasons (first update and second with newer sys app packages) build date on newer (relapks) update is older :(
When new build will come, it should be quite easy (given OTA would not work).
yanex
Android 1.0

Post by yanex »

For those curious:
3.1 update1 (older) : 1322069933 Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:38:53 GMT
3.1 update2 (newer): 1322068951 Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:22:31 GMT

For &^*% sake, to get that far and it comes to this?!
To get valid update 3.1 I now need to downgrade, which none succeeded?
DOWNGRADE BY 16 MINUTES?! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Now that this is out of way, let's wait for 3.2 update. It's been 2 months since sony users got theirs and Logitech promised that it is on it's way.

p.s. I am so confident in soldering now, I will try to upgrade my revue SoC... j/k