Benjmyers1 wrote:ok, figured it out. here is what i did:
1) formatted my pen drive as fat 32
2) placed the first 3.1 update file on the pen drive as update.zip
3) extracted all the files on the pen drive into the root folder with winzip
at this point you should have the update.zip and all the files from the update.zip extracted on the pen drive.
4) unplugged power (i did have both the hdmi in and hdmi out and ir blaster plugged in though)
5) placed the pen drive in the usb port farthest from ethernet port (when facing the back of the revue, it will be on the left)
6) plug power in
7) count one mississippi then push the connect button. just push it once and let go, DO NOT HOLD IT DOWN (this is what i was doing wrong all this time)
8) sit back and relax as it will show the flash screen (logitech revue) then go black, and should show the update bar) continue to wait, as it looks like it gets stuck...but it keeps going, it will continue on its own untill the 'welcome to logitech revue' screen
I had the same problem. I got it to work by somewhat following Ben's instructions. Basically the whole USB stuff was unnecessary for me. Pay careful attention to step 7, count 1 mississippi then just push the connect button for a solid half second and then let go.
so in short:
1. unplug power
2. plug power
3. count one mississippi, then push connect button for a half second and let got
4. I also pushed alt+l right away after it rebooted, but I think this was unnecessary
It should then boot with no data loss, no need to reflash anything.