accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 beta

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

Berserk
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Re: accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 bet

Post by Berserk »

So I tried to hold sink button, to hold ALT+S, ALT+L, FN-LEFT while reboot from power or sink button with two different USB stick in any usb ports formated FAT32 with update.zip and unpacked data from this file.

I did as previous time when I got this $%#&% update :(

turn off revue
turn on
count "one Mississippi"
hold sync - about 5-6 sec - revue reboots again - release sink
hold ALT+L | ALT+S | FN+LEFT

nothing... I still looking at splash screen
Should keyboard light do anything? I see the light about 10 sec on keyboard only then I turned it on - no reaction on pressing or scrolling. Is it ok?
lufc
Android 1.0

Post by lufc »

Berserk wrote:So I tried to hold sink button, to hold ALT+S, ALT+L, FN-LEFT while reboot from power or sink button with two different USB stick in any usb ports formated FAT32 with update.zip and unpacked data from this file.

I did as previous time when I got this $%#&% update :(

turn off revue
turn on
count "one Mississippi"
hold sync - about 5-6 sec - revue reboots again - release sink
hold ALT+L | ALT+S | FN+LEFT

nothing... I still looking at splash screen
Should keyboard light do anything? I see the light about 10 sec on keyboard only then I turned it on - no reaction on pressing or scrolling. Is it ok?
When you get to the TV BOX wth the arrow pointing down and the bar moving then let go of your sync button and on keyboard press ALT-L together and keep fingers on them and it will go into recovery,, Well it did for me
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

lufc wrote: When you get to the TV BOX wth the arrow pointing down and the bar moving then let go of your sync button and on keyboard press ALT-L together and keep fingers on them and it will go into recovery,, Well it did for me
I didn't see TV BOX with arrow and bar! I didn't see it from previous update. I see only standard splash screen and no any options/variants.

Also I changed battery in keyboard - didn't help.
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

try rebooting, count to one, hold sync til screen comes up, the google tv box should come up, then you hold atl-L until the screen says formatting..
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

Discovered wrote:try rebooting, count to one, hold sync til screen comes up, the google tv box should come up, then you hold atl-L until the screen says formatting..
nop, and this one doesn't work. I tried with usb flash pen drive in both ports.
is it ok, that green light on keyboard doesn't work?
turge
Android 1.0

Post by turge »

I had problems updating from userdebug since I couldn't get the recovery menu to come up. Re-formatted by USB key, placed the update.zip on it and still wouldn't work until I started using the port closest to the Connect button.
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

turge wrote:I had problems updating from userdebug since I couldn't get the recovery menu to come up. Re-formatted by USB key, placed the update.zip on it and still wouldn't work until I started using the port closest to the Connect button.
This is strange... because my revue mounts pen drive then I hold sink button and turn power on only in port NEAR to Ethernet. And doesn't mount in the port that are you talking about... anyway I tied both ports and will try again with different usb stick.
Thanks.
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

No, I'm still not able get recovery mode.
lufc
Android 1.0

Post by lufc »

Berserk wrote:No, I'm still not able get recovery mode.
Just thinking out load

You did format the pen and you did rename it to update and you have done alt-l fingers pressed down
Try hitting alt- L 20-30 TIMES REAL FAST. and have you tried to get into recovery with no usb stick inserted dont know if you can but worth a try

Other than that mate not sure what is wrong
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

lufc wrote: Just thinking out load

You did format the pen and you did rename it to update and you have done alt-l fingers pressed down
Try hitting alt- L 20-30 TIMES REAL FAST. and have you tried to get into recovery with no usb stick inserted dont know if you can but worth a try

Other than that mate not sure what is wrong
I did format 2 different pens (4Gb and 8Gb, one of these I used to flash beta 1) with Win7 disk tool
16k, 4096k and standard cluster size FAT32; FAT16
also I have tried HP Format Tool for both of them
I coped beta 1 (1b3a6b1aa9fd.mp-signed-ota_update-b55579) and beta 2 (mp-signed-ota_update-b58801.15d88c27-t)
I did rename it to update.zip, also to just "update" and I have tried unpack them to the root
Also I tried use both flash pens at the same time
I did hold Alt-L, Alt-S, FN-Left. Also I just pressed buttons once and a couple times (not 20... but 10 times I'm sure)
And, yes, I did tried without flash (by the way I think it should work)

No one tells me about green led on the keyboard, should it work?
My English is not perfect, I'm from Russia, so please excuse me and please ask again if I answer something wrong :)