accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 beta

Got something to discuss and it doesnt fit in the other catergories, place it here.

Moderator: Revue Mod

long2know
Android 1.0

Re: accessing recovery mode/receiving OTA's with the 3.1 bet

Post by long2know »

At this point, my Revue is still pretty much dead. I can't get into recovery or get the thing to re-flash the previous leaked Honeycomb..
Andreslopezg
Android 1.0
GTV Device Owned: Logitech Revue

Post by Andreslopezg »

Helpppppppppppppppp Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

Bancky wrote:
jm9843 wrote:
IPvFletch wrote:So, if we have the original leaked 3.1 build, do we also have to (re)install this recovery in order to receive the OTA???
Leaked builds won't get the final 3.1 build OTA. We're going to have to manually flash the update.
I have the original leaked beta as well. If we can't get the official build OTA, where and how to I manually update my revue?
You won't actually be able to perform an OTA, revues with the userdebug 3.1 release will reportedly not receive the OTA; however, you can follow the instructions in this Thread which shows you how to update your revue from the userdebug leak; however, you won't be able to do this until somebody intercepts the update.zip being pushed to revues with the stock OS.... you may be waiting a few days since nobody (that I have seen on the internet) has had it pushed to their revue yet.
MStrawder
Android 1.0

Post by MStrawder »

It has been stated multiple times, including from Google themselves that those who updated to the leaked versions will NOT rececieve the OTA update. We will have to wait for the update.zip as mentioned and flash it ourselves.
parrotheadmjb
Android 1.0

Post by parrotheadmjb »

Bancky wrote:I am actually using the first beta leak, not the userdebug 3.1. Thanks for the extra info though.
1. It'll get pushed to your device

or

2. You'll have to do it manually.. to do that from the first release, you have to boot into recovery (I assume you know how to do that, and how to copy an update.zip to a usb; since you're on the first leaked 3.1.... you won't have to follow the instructions I linked to in the above thread since you don't have to flash a recovery image, the first release has one) and install an update.zip but you'll have to wait until it gets pushed, because its not available anywhere atm.
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

So, if you can't even boot into recovery, you're pretty much screwed?
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

if you revue will not boot into recovery but is not bricked(entering os) you can still install the recovery via adb.
otherwise the fix is in troubleshooting.
Last edited by Discovered on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS
long2know
Android 1.0

Post by long2know »

Discovered wrote:if you revue will not boot into recovery but is not bricked you can still install the recovery via adb.
otherwise the fix is in troubleshooting.
I'm looking through the forums now for instructions on how to do this. In the meantime, do you have a link with this info? I haven't tried adb w/ the Revue, so I don't know if this is attempted over WiFi or USB. If it must be done over USB, I'm pretty sure I'll need to get USBA -> USBA cable.
Berserk
Android 1.0

Post by Berserk »

I have tried all solutions from this forum - nothing helps me I still not able to get recovery mode.
a few comments:

the revue box mounts flash pen driver if I hold sink button while reboot, but only in one port - near to ethernet port
10 sec holds the sync button cause reboot - always, this is standard procedure

from official forum
"Try letting the Revue reboot twice on the third boot up the recovery logo comes up and them ALT+L will start the recovery menu."
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Revue/Rev ... d-p/663406

I'm afraid that all this dance with tambourine it is just simple "twice reboot" but witch doesn't help me.

How do you think - is it possible erase nand flash (grount at some leg of chip) and after this get a recovery mode?
Discovered
2.2 Froyo

Post by Discovered »

Berserk: What did you do to your revue?
LGVM670 - CM 9
IPhone 3GS - IOS 5.1.1
Revue - HC 3.2
Aspire 3000 - JoliOS